• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay, so Java's single unit Critter Nation cage will be delivered tomorrow, and I have figured out a way to set it up alongside his current cage. The CN will be elevated on top of my dresser, and I'm hoping he'll become desensitized to it by the time I'm ready to move him in. That's the next issue. I intend to get a second CN and secure it to the side of the first to make one long aviary, but I won't be able to get the second cage until next month. I was wondering if I should wait until I have the second cage attached to the first before moving him in, or have the single unit out in the open for about a week or two and then move him in, adding the second portion when it comes. Also, how long should the cage be out in the open before he moves in? I want to give him time to get used to it, but I also don't want to prolong the move if I don't have to.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I think it'll depend on how comfortable Java is with change. If he's good with change, you could probably move him in and add on the 2nd cage later. If he's not good with change, I'd say wait until you have the 2nd cage added.

Personally, I think I'd let him see the 1st cage, and see where he takes it from there :) Who knows, he might decide he wants to move in right then!

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think it'll depend on how comfortable Java is with change. If he's good with change, you could probably move him in and add on the 2nd cage later. If he's not good with change, I'd say wait until you have the 2nd cage added.

Personally, I think I'd let him see the 1st cage, and see where he takes it from there :) Who knows, he might decide he wants to move in right then!
True, I believe the CN is bigger than his current cage as far as inner dimensions, and knowing that his mobility is limited, I wonder if a second CN would make moving around difficult for him.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Brittany, I would move him now and add cage later, as Bee said.
You can see how the new cage works for him.
Looking forward to see Java’s new digs.

Status
Not open for further replies.