• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nova or Sonic for my B&G's name?

htee

Meeting neighbors
Hey guys! So as some of you may know I recently got a b&g macaw at 6 months of age. We named him Nova but recently we just thought of another cool name "Sonic" (as in sonic the hedgehog). My partner thinks its a really cool name and its more boyish i guess. Luckily enough we only had him a month or so, so its not too late to change his name. Im torn between Nova and Sonic. Friends and family that I have asked leaned more towards Nova but not sure if its because they are used to it so im still not convinced. What do you guys think? :) 39580662_730743063943736_4638992750480457728_n.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Nova. I have heard of way too many birds called sonic which is cheesy. Nova suits him and you have the nickname your mum came up with which will likely suit him even more when he grows up ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
God he looks so cute, I cant believe how much older Burt looks now. I had not even noticed until I saw your pics of Nova then I looked back at the pics I have of Burt when he first came home and he looks so much more grown up already.

They are so cute as babies.

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street
Sonic also means 'sound'. Hopefully not a premonition of things to come :hehe:

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
He's adorable! Baby macaws always look so sweet. Both names are cute, I do like Nova better but, you could always use one as a short name and the other the full like, Nova (or Sonic) and the full name be Nova Sonic/Sonic Nova.