• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Noticed this spot on my cockatiel, what is it and should I be concerned?

erraticgh0st

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eli
Hi! So I noticed this spot on my Cockatiel's face near her nose. I only noticed it yesterday. I look at it closer and I can't tell what it is. I don't think its a scab and it wasn't bleeding at all, it just seems like a random spot where she lost feathers. What is it and what should I do? 2UtPUgza.jpg nGzmyyX8.jpg

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just looks like an small injury to me, maybe a scratch, but it's hard to say just from pictures. If she doesn't seem hurt or bothered by it, I wouldn't be too alarmed.

But if you're concerned, the best call is always to consult a vet. :)

erraticgh0st

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eli
Just looks like an small injury to me, maybe a scratch, but it's hard to say just from pictures. If she doesn't seem hurt or bothered by it, I wouldn't be too alarmed.

But if you're concerned, the best call is always to consult a vet. :)
This is possible, we recently took her to like a bird people meet up and she freaked out a few times and could've accidentally scratched herself while she flew in fear. It doesn't seem to be hurting her though!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That's just a teeny booboo, she should be ok. But do watch her..:hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month