• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Nothing comes easily, especially nail trimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ooh Java you are so cute! You do indeed look fabulous:D At least he is not afraid, that is great I think! I love how he keeps throwing the trimmer away:lol:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Yeah lol I've been gradually filing his nails over the course of a week, and each time, he either chews my shirt and the file lol. Putting medicine on his foot is a whole 'nother story
I occasionally flip Rupert over and examine his "tootsies". In case he ever gets an infection on his feet again and I'd have to put SSD on them. I usually just mess with his toenails or feet a little and then give him a treat or toy.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I occasionally flip Rupert over and examine his "tootsies". In case he ever gets an infection on his feet again and I'd have to put SSD on them. I usually just mess with his toenails or feet a little and then give him a treat or toy.
I'll give that a shot because as soon as the medicine goes on his foot, he licks it off, and if I put him down, it gets smeared before it has absorbed into his skin.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yeah lol I've been gradually filing his nails over the course of a week, and each time, he either chews my shirt and the file lol. Putting medicine on his foot is a whole 'nother story
Some great training going on there!

Lately all he wants to do is throw things and watch me pick them up. He's really coming out of his shell :heart:
I am so glad to hear that:heart: Maybe he Will start walking over to throw stuff in time!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some great training going on there!

I am so glad to hear that:heart: Maybe he Will start walking over to throw stuff in time!
He has made leaps and bounds. Just the other day, he was playing with his rattler toy that I made him and he took one of the acrylic finger rings off and threw it on the floor while I was in the middle of cleaning up. So I picked it up and he threw it again. We went back and forth for a good twenty minutes, him throwing it and watching it bounce and me picking it up. I can even pet his head without getting bit. :heart::heart::heart:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'll give that a shot because as soon as the medicine goes on his foot, he licks it off, and if I put him down, it gets smeared before it has absorbed into his skin.
That was another thing... After I smeared on the cream, I made it a point to try to keep him occupied with everything I could before releasing him, for that very reason; he'd either try to lick it off, or it would rub off from the perches.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That was another thing... After I smeared on the cream, I made it a point to try to keep him occupied with everything I could before releasing him, for that very reason; he'd either try to lick it off, or it would rub off from the perches.
lol looks like I have my work cut out. I try to occupy him by petting him or holding him on his back, but he has one objective: REMOVE THE CREAM! :D

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
lol looks like I have my work cut out. I try to occupy him by petting him or holding him on his back, but he has one objective: REMOVE THE CREAM! :D
Yeah, it isn't easy! You're doing great, though. I'm glad you can get the nail file near him and the only thing he does is pick it up and toss it. Rupert would be running the other way! I usually just get human nail clippers and do them as quick as I can. He's been better about staying still, but he does move his toes/feet and that makes it harder to not clip too far.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
He has made leaps and bounds. Just the other day, he was playing with his rattler toy that I made him and he took one of the acrylic finger rings off and threw it on the floor while I was in the middle of cleaning up. So I picked it up and he threw it again. We went back and forth for a good twenty minutes, him throwing it and watching it bounce and me picking it up. I can even pet his head without getting bit. :heart::heart::heart:
That is so amazing!!:faint::swoon: So happy for both of you! playing fetch is the first game Henkie enjoyed too:)

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah, it isn't easy! You're doing great, though. I'm glad you can get the nail file near him and the only thing he does is pick it up and toss it. Rupert would be running the other way! I usually just get human nail clippers and do them as quick as I can. He's been better about staying still, but he does move his toes/feet and that makes it harder to not clip too far.
:D Thank you. I have a feeling that once he's more comfortable moving around, and learns to fly, I'll be chasing him all over the room :lol:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:loltears: What a little stinker! He's actually being very good about it, all things considered. :pinklol3: You two have really come a long way.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:D Thank you. I have a feeling that once he's more comfortable moving around, and learns to fly, I'll be chasing him all over the room :lol:
Funny what us foolish bird folks will wish on ourselves. I can't wait for the day I'm kicking myself over getting Buzzard to fly. :batonthehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.