• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Nothing But Trouble

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
lovely! breath taking! :fairy2::fairy2::fairy2:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Who is this beautiful bird?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Trouble Schmuble. It's all how you look at it. He/she is gorgeous.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh my... what a big beak you have! You can't paint color that vibrant!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sambuca is gorgeous!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Wow pretty!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Trouble Schmuble. It's all how you look at it. He/she is gorgeous.

Oh, I'm not going to lie... we wrestled a bit on the floor to get the harness on. He is 1300 grams of "bring it on!" Wacko guy, displays aggression when he is happy, acts calm and easy going then bites you. I don't mind but "trouble" was my understatement. ;)

Oh my... what a big beak you have! You can't paint color that vibrant!

IMG_20180523_205522_135.jpg IMG_20180523_205522_136.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh, I'm not going to lie... we wrestled a bit on the floor to get the harness on. He is 1300 grams of "bring it on!" Wacko guy, displays aggression when he is happy, acts calm and easy going then bites you. I don't mind but "trouble" was my understatement. ;)

View attachment 308915 View attachment 308916
Gorgeous.... simply gorgeous! What do you feed your macaws?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Gorgeous.... simply gorgeous! What do you feed your macaws?

:laugh:

I don't consider myself a nutritional expert, I just do what works and makes the most birds happy. :D

24 hours a day they have harrisons and zupreem naturals. I switch back and forth between lifetime, high potency and pepper depending on who has a tastep for what.

Once a day they have a meal of fresh veggie chop. Depending on what is in season, broccoli cauliflower peas corn squash sweet potatoes zucchini sweet peppers is most eaten but we throw in lots of stuff.

We make it twice a week and after the first day or two we start adding pasta or beans, dribble coconut oil or cinnamon in bowls. A small piece of fruit about every other day. Mango, papaya, banana are the favorites but my birds prefer the veggie over fruit for sure.

Another meal of Avian Organics, either a mash or bread. We add fresh veggie to the bread mixes. Zucchini shreds, carrot shreds, sweet potato or even a half a cup of the veggie chop. We cut Danita's bags in half and make it weekly too.

Pine nuts during the day for teaching or coaxing. Bedtime is nuts and refilled pellets. 3 nuts for most of the macaws. Almond, hazelnut, brazil, walnut or macadamia.

Thick shiny feathers... in addition to our diet I would give credit to red palm oil every other day for most, full soaking baths at least once a week, rabbit air purfifers and lots of space to fully preen. :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:laugh:

I don't consider myself a nutritional expert, I just do what works and makes the most birds happy. :D

24 hours a day they have harrisons and zupreem naturals. I switch back and forth between lifetime, high potency and pepper depending on who has a tastep for what.

Once a day they have a meal of fresh veggie chop. Depending on what is in season, broccoli cauliflower peas corn squash sweet potatoes zucchini sweet peppers is most eaten but we throw in lots of stuff.

We make it twice a week and after the first day or two we start adding pasta or beans, dribble coconut oil or cinnamon in bowls. A small piece of fruit about every other day. Mango, papaya, banana are the favorites but my birds prefer the veggie over fruit for sure.

Another meal of Avian Organics, either a mash or bread. We add fresh veggie to the bread mixes. Zucchini shreds, carrot shreds, sweet potato or even a half a cup of the veggie chop. We cut Danita's bags in half and make it weekly too.

Pine nuts during the day for teaching or coaxing. Bedtime is nuts and refilled pellets. 3 nuts for most of the macaws. Almond, hazelnut, brazil, walnut or macadamia.

Thick shiny feathers... in addition to our diet I would give credit to red palm oil every other day for most, full soaking baths at least once a week, rabbit air purfifers and lots of space to fully preen. :)
Thanks for all that information! Your birds are in optimum plumage and it's nice to know what it takes to get them in that great shape. None of my birds would have anything to do with Harrisons. The main preference here is zupreem naturals and most of the birds eat Roudybush too.. except Henry. He has been eating a bit of Tops lately though. No one else will touch it. Frankly, it seems to be more suitable for rodents or rabbits. Fresh vegetables yes. I have to limit fruits on the littles because we have these lovely large palmetto bugs that come in when they can detect fruit. I do need to bake some bird bread and put the fruit in that with more veggies. Lola and Henry won't touch a hazelnut, or pine nut - unless the pine nut is in the shell. I'm going to try a variety of Unapproved Vendor's better bites for more variety. If only I ate this well! I do snack on fruits and vegetables when I do my nightly chop. And the dogs look forward to their chop veggies every night too. :D

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks for all that information! Your birds are in optimum plumage and it's nice to know what it takes to get them in that great shape. None of my birds would have anything to do with Harrisons. The main preference here is zupreem naturals and most of the birds eat Roudybush too.. except Henry. He has been eating a bit of Tops lately though. No one else will touch it. Frankly, it seems to be more suitable for rodents or rabbits. Fresh vegetables yes. I have to limit fruits on the littles because we have these lovely large palmetto bugs that come in when they can detect fruit. I do need to bake some bird bread and put the fruit in that with more veggies. Lola and Henry won't touch a hazelnut, or pine nut - unless the pine nut is in the shell. I'm going to try a variety of Unapproved Vendor's better bites for more variety. If only I ate this well! I do snack on fruits and vegetables when I do my nightly chop. And the dogs look forward to their chop veggies every night too. :D

I'll be honest, I don't cater to any one bird. I don't care if you don't like something it's going in the bowl. When I started harrisons, maybe two birds ate it but, my pellets get mixed together so too bad. Guess what, they all eat it now. ;) Time and familiarity makes a difference. Same with some veggies. ;)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'll be honest, I don't cater to any one bird. I don't care if you don't like something it's going in the bowl. When I started harrisons, maybe two birds ate it but, my pellets get mixed together so too bad. Guess what, they all eat it now. ;) Time and familiarity makes a difference. Same with some veggies. ;)
I just think they didn't like the size of the pellet. I actually call them nuggets. They're the same way with the Caitec oven fresh bites. It doesn't matter if I break them up either. I do crush them and sprinkle on top of the small birds dishes. I'll crush those and the tops and add it to the bread. Might be some pretty big loaves by the time I put everything in it!!! I need to give the Harrisons another look... maybe something more fine I can sprinkle on top of chop. I finely dice my veggies to make it harder for them to pick out. My latest random recipe for something spicy was pulverized in my mini food processor. Serrano peppers, fresh ginger, carrots, kale, mini red, yellow, orange sweet peppers, pink lady apple and a sprinkle of cayenne. I did taste it... not bad but hooo boy did it clear my sinuses!!!! Henry likes it... Lola ate it the first day, ignored the last two nights but I'll still give her a bit in her cup until she develops a taste for it. I had planned on mixing it in with some some cooked quinoa. I think I'll make some veggie balls with the quinoa instead.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful. The attitude in that 2nd photo :heart:.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohh he is just so pretty!! :heart:

I love the posture....crouch, wings up, odd head tilts and eyes!

With Burt that’s always happy cheeky trouble that usually is accompanied with a rah for good measure, so it’s one of my favourite poses lol. :)