• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent (Not Urgent) Throwing up undigested seeds?

Parchmento

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alyssa
Sunny has given me quite a scare. Just a few moments ago, as he was walking around happily playing with his toys, he stopped, moved over to an in crowded area, and then shook his head viciously a few times. I didn’t see most of it happening, but I did see the result of it. There was undigested seed bits everywhere around him, and needless to say, I was confused and terrified. Luckily, he seems okay now, he’s chirped a bit and is sitting on my arm happily beak grinding. However, I’m still worried that this could be a sign of something serious. The only thing that I could assume happened was that he threw up and food came out of his crop. I just want to know the cause of this. I’m worried it could be because of a fly trap my mom put in a nearby room, which has been shown to be toxic to humans and pets (we just removed it yesterday after my dad read the packaging). Another potential cause of this could be his giardia, but this hasn’t happened before when it was more severe. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could mean and what’s caused this?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Has his Giardia been cured? He may have eaten to much. May have a small yeast infection, bacterial infection, could be anything..keep an eye on him, if he dosen't seem right then you should be safe and have him checked. Glad the fly paper is gone, dont use those anymore

Parchmento

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alyssa
Thank you! He seems to be doing fine now, and I’m certain that we will definitely never use those again.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Sure glad Sunny seems better!