• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not that I am looking but....

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm loving this thread! I have to say that Amazons are quickly moving up my favorite bird list. :)

View attachment 253059
This from a person who I'm pretty sure told me you'd never get a scary amazon when I first started posting here. I seem to remember you saying something like old world only or africans all the way. Now look at you. Once you get past the fear of being bit issue, amazons are easy compared to other big birds. And easy to accumulate multiples. Your new BF is gorgeous and does have a male look in his eyes. I think you might have more amazons than I do now?

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
This from a person who I'm pretty sure told me you'd never get a scary amazon when I first started posting here. I seem to remember you saying something like old world only or africans all the way. Now look at you. Once you get past the fear of being bit issue, amazons are easy compared to other big birds. And easy to accumulate multiples. Your new BF is gorgeous and does have a male look in his eyes. I think you might have more amazons than I do now?
Yep, I probably did say something like that but Amarillo was my downfall and this little boy is just a total charmer. I think what works best with the Amazons is bonding with an older one or maybe that's just true of all birds. I really was not out looking for another bird when we went to pick up Cisco and the little grey, Ozzie, who was also a huge treasure. At the rate I'm going I should just open a rescue!;)