• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not that I am looking but....

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@saroj12 I know how you feel. I dont think I have time for more birds as all four of mine want constant attention and it is hard if not impossible to meet their needs. But I would be up to taking in a rehomed older amazon, who just wants a safe place, time out of the cage, and company (but not needy attn.) at some point. One who is just happy to hang out.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
@saroj12 I know how you feel. I dont think I have time for more birds as all four of mine want constant attention and it is hard if not impossible to meet their needs. But I would be up to taking in a rehomed older amazon, who just wants a safe place, time out of the cage, and company (but not needy attn.) at some point. One who is just happy to hang out.
this one likes women. Trouble is everyone has their own zones they hang out in, though JoJo goes everywhere much to my chagrin? (annoyance is the wrong word) so i have to rush to relocate him. I don't have any zones left for another bird, and i am not about to do rotating out of cage time! As it is, LScoot can only be out with Rudy and BScoot as of the last few months (which makes Jackson very happy as he gets lots more time out, only LScoot bothers him!). So I'm okay with that!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
So I emailed again last week but still no answer. The posting is still up and has had over 300 views. Very frustrating.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
If its down the block I'd try to talk a walk over...

Maybe its sold ot they changed there mind but they should take down the ad.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
If its down the block I'd try to talk a walk over...

Maybe its sold ot they changed there mind but they should take down the ad.
The site gives a location radius but not an address so I wouldn't know where to go.:sour:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Get some recordings of amazons & play them while you take a stroll....they might just call back...

Are they private houses or large apts in the area? You might find the bird or another bird...LOL

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm loving this thread! For some reason, I don't always get a notice when a thread I'm participating in gets updated and I just went through all the updates on this one. I have to say that Amazons are quickly moving up my favorite bird list. They really aren't needy and love to just hang out and give you love when you have time. I'm so smitten with the newest one that I was trying to find a home for that we've had for about two weeks, Cisco. I figured I'd just find him a home but I fear I have fallen in love with him and the little rascal has wormed his way into my heart! Here's a video from last night that I took of him. He's got dinner all over his beak! LOL! And for good measure, a picture of him pushing his head into my hand...he loves to be scritched under the beak!:)

IMG_0699.JPG

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
"Hi babe" :lol:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
"Hi babe" :lol:
He loves to say this! I'm telling you, if you are thinking about getting another bird a home and want a lower maintenance bird who isn't clingy, an Amazon is perfect! Out of all my Amazons, I have one who's a tiny bit clingy, my LCA Nibbles, but compared to my TAG and my Galahs, even she's not bad. My 'zons are just chillers and love to kind of hang out and chatter and love a scritch here and there and are happy with whatever you want to do! Cisco is just such a sweetie and I've only had him for two weeks! And my Amarillo...OMG! I cannot say enough wonderful things about my baby Ams! I also have Abigail my YCA who is just the sweetest and funniest ever! LOL! Yep, zonnies are the best if you find one you truly bond with! LOL!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Well, I have sent three emails now so we shall see. She may be on vacation I guess.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It is weird that she ins't getting back to you...

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I can send you the Greenie Meanies :)
For shame...... they aren't meanies, they're just in transition right now......and I feel, deep down, that you love them.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:hehe: :hehe:
Danita knows I am in Canada - no border crossing necessary. I know they cannot be split up and I only have one free cage ;)

;)I'm sure Danita will give you an extra cage....:hehe:

:omg: Cisco!!!!!:heart:

Truly amazons were never much on the radar because of the hot zons & not so bright colors. Still I thought about a lilac once. They are amazing in there vocal & singing ability. Nice bonus that they arenot as demanding of attention...still ecery bird is an individual & how they are with one person is not how they will be with everyone...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope someone gets back to you. Wonder if the mealy was purchased and they just forgot to take the ad down. Still would think that they would reply to your emails but you may be right that they are on vacation.