• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not sure what to think.......

Calpurnia

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Dom
You can tell he's feelin' like a lucky guy! :) Glad you were able to bring him back home.

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Thanks y'all! I am so happy to have him back with us! I will schedule his Well Birdie checkup next week and if everything goes well, I will be converting a room in the spring to allow all three of them to have a full window and cages to be side by side. I am leaving him alone right now to explore his cage. We went to the store to get shower curtains and to Lowes to get pads for the floors in front of all cages. He did not move from his porch that I gave him when I was fostering him! I opened his door, picked him up and said hello, then put him right back down. Left the door open and he started exploring, finally. Guess he needed to know someone was here in case he got lost. LoL!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
He has not eaten tonight. Too many changes, I guess. 3 homes in 2 months is tough. He will never have to worry about that ever again! He has chosen a new sleep spot, and that is okay. He went right too it, put one foot up, so that is a good sign. I covered his cage, but left the front uncovered and the television on, volume off, for light until he gets used to the arrangement. It is filtered by the cage cover so nothing scares him. Hope he sleeps well and wakes up ready to eat.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well sometimes things happen for a reason and it was meant to be. He's happy with you and you have the room and hubby gets his buddy back. Hopefully his old owner stays ok with it as looks like he's where he belongs. :xflove:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:

Hope he needs a good nights sleep & eats in the morning.

Did you bring back the medium size cage you gave them?
That was nice & he seemed to like it.
I'd suggest putting him back in that until he feels more comfortable.

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
:sadhug2:

Hope he needs a good nights sleep & eats in the morning.

Did you bring back the medium size cage you gave them?
That was nice & he seemed to like it.
I'd suggest putting him back in that until he feels more comfortable.
I was going to put the cages side by side and let him get used to the larger cage on his own. We met them halfway because of our work delays. They totally disassembled the cage and left the bottom brace at their house. If He doesn't eat and settle in a bit today, I may have to drive the hour to pick it up and put the Y&M cage back together for him. He will do great today, I just have a feeling!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
He ate every bite this morning! And at some point went to his pellets last night and ate some. I think it was a lot of excitement yesterday. Today I will redo Rhoma and Rhema's play area, change around toys, hang the shower curtains behind Ernie's cage and place the mats under all the cages. And at some point to laundry and dinner.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
How blessed he is to have you!!

And if that "other woman" turns up, shoe her away! Heck, call me and i'll shoe her away!
These birds are not toys you can get rid of when you have an itch. I can very much relate to beeing depressed, and considering doing way your birdies, but once their gone, their gone!

Luk's previous owner tried the same shizz on me.. "can i visit him, can i see him, can i pet him" NO! you threw her away like trash, now be done with it. BAH! As you can see i can get very much worked up over these people.. Next thing you know they poop out a child and throw that away as well as soon as it doesnt turn out to be a good accesoire!

Okay, i need to lower my blood pressure and hope you will never throw this fella out again :) He is SOO blessed to have someone like you!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Glad Ernie is eating.
Shame about them not bringing the whole cage.
You will have to get that cage part so hopefully soon.
Is it small enough to mail?

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Glad Ernie is eating.
Shame about them not bringing the whole cage.
You will have to get that cage part so hopefully soon.
Is it small enough to mail?
It is about 3x3 foot square, about 2 inches high. They could mail it, but don't have the $ or a vehicle to get it to the post office. He started working 2 weeks ago and she just went for a temp job out of town for a month. It will probably be a month before they come back into town and I can honestly say the town they live in has no reason for me to travel there. If I accidentally find myself in their town, I will swing by and pick it up. Thankfully he seems to have adjusted to the new cage and was playing with his boing at 5am this morning. :glare:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
How blessed he is to have you!!

And if that "other woman" turns up, shoe her away! Heck, call me and i'll shoe her away!
These birds are not toys you can get rid of when you have an itch. I can very much relate to beeing depressed, and considering doing way your birdies, but once their gone, their gone!

Luk's previous owner tried the same shizz on me.. "can i visit him, can i see him, can i pet him" NO! you threw her away like trash, now be done with it. BAH! As you can see i can get very much worked up over these people.. Next thing you know they poop out a child and throw that away as well as soon as it doesnt turn out to be a good accesoire!

Okay, i need to lower my blood pressure and hope you will never throw this fella out again :) He is SOO blessed to have someone like you!
She asked if she could, I agreed, but honestly, I don't really expect her to. I will post pictures/videos on the Brazos Valley Bird FB page for her to see. If she asks to come by and see him, we will just have to see what the situation is at the moment. Personally, I think it will be hard on him to see her and then stay with me after living with her for 9 years.

Laura729

Jogging around the block
I'm so happy for you (and Ernie)! I was thinking, after your post that Ernie's previous owner wanted to take him back, that there was a good chance he'd still end up back home with you guys. :heart:

Heather F

I'm just seeing this now and looked at the previous threads about Ernie. How wonderful that you get to keep him! He's a cutie for sure.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
She asked if she could, I agreed, but honestly, I don't really expect her to. I will post pictures/videos on the Brazos Valley Bird FB page for her to see. If she asks to come by and see him, we will just have to see what the situation is at the moment. Personally, I think it will be hard on him to see her and then stay with me after living with her for 9 years.
Happy for you all!

If this lady can't make it to the post office to mail a cage part she forgot...
I'd NOT be allowing visitations! ...and don't be afraid to make up an excuse if you need to. Everybody in the house can be down with a stomach virus that day.

Being nice in these situations NEVER has an upside. "No good deed goes unpunished."
Harsh, totally, but that is me. Absolutely no patience for that sort of BS. She sounds like a "given an inch take a mile" sort of person. My two cents is, save yourself the headache.

Again, congrats!