• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not eating well

tziporiah

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
My the has quit eating pellets for 3 weeks now . I make her eggs and anything else that she will eat .Took her to the vet and all her tests came back okay can somebody tell me why she is being so finicky
She's done this before
Thanks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My the has quit eating pellets for 3 weeks now . I make her eggs and anything else that she will eat .Took her to the vet and all her tests came back okay can somebody tell me why she is being so finicky
She's done this before
Thanks
How did you change this behavior last time?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could this be hormonal? Have you offered her millet, seeds, warm foods in addition to the eggs?
How long did this last when it happened before?

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Sometimes a parrot will go on a "pellet strike" and refuse to eat them. Usually, they'll start eating them again in a day or two. You might try softening some pellets in water or unsweetened fruit juice and offering them that way. Just add enough liquid to moisten a few pellets and let them sit just long enough to soften. Sometimes, parrots will eat the softened pellets more readily than hard ones.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I make her eggs and anything else that she will eat
If you always provide an abundance of food your bird is going to become picky/choosy because he can. They will always select the the things they "like" to eat and not always what they "should" be eating. You could probably benefit from some better "food management".

Feeding Our Parrots Well

tziporiah

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have given her a smorgasborg of food. Did not try the pellets soaked in Juice. Sometimes I offer her the food she likes and she just throws it today I caught her munching on some dry ramen noodles. I think she is coming around

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
Meh I had this issue and Porter STILL won't eat Pellets.
I gave in, I just order Nutriberries now and he eats those like a champ xD