• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

not eating veggies when i'm around?

Shilohbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shiloh
so i've had my boys for 3 weeks and they're comfortable eating seeds and treats in front of me, but i almost never see them eating their veggies. i know they do, the veggies are gone in the evening and there's very little on the floor or bottom of cage, but i just never see them eat it. is it just a weird quirk?

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
To me its not unheard of. On occasion, one of my male cockatiels wont eat until i leave the room. Other days its business as usual.

Shilohbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shiloh
To me its not unheard of. On occasion, one of my male cockatiels wont eat until i leave the room. Other days its business as usual.
the thing is that they do eat seeds and treats, just not veggies

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
the thing is that they do eat seeds and treats, just not veggies
It is interesting no doubt. They must have a reason. Would be nice to know what theyre thinking.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
My gcc remi and pip kind of don’t either they will have a nibble take a bit to perch to eat but they mainly eat in their cages when I leave room
When out of cage they will forage for seeds treats over veggies but in cage they will eat all their veggies happily

my lovebird won’t touch veggies she does like throwing them out of her bowl though I am hoping she gets a few bite as she does it lol

maybe while your there there’s too much going on more exciting things and in cage they just more focused on eating

Madday1234

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mad
mine is the opposite, he will only eat his veggies when I am around and sitting right next to him.