• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NOT AGAIN

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
At least this one HAS an owner who's looking for them and not another poor Tiel!
Exactly what I was thinking. Thank goodness someone cares. Well, someone besides us and @hrafn.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mr. 'Zon has been secured, and is snug and warm and safe!!

A number of us gathered up to go looking for him (we're all in the city bird group), and after walking around in the excruciating cold for an hour or so, someone spotted him at the top of a tree. A few of us went to collect a super long ladder from a helpful neighbour, then took turns climbing the ladder and trying to help the poor fella down (his dad is terrified of heights so he stood at the bottom calling and talking to him) until someone had the much brighter idea of calling for a fire crew, who came along in their bucket lift and managed to secure the poor, scared guy in a crate within fifteen minutes, after we'd been at it for hours. Doy.

He got rushed off to the vet to get looked over after being out in the blistering winds for ages, and the rest of us got coffee to warm up and headed home.

My feet feel like two solid blocks of ice, but there's a very high chance that amazon wouldn't have been found if it was just his owner searching alone, and I'm very glad I went with.

But seriously. I'm so cold.
My breath froze to my face, LOL. :snowman2:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Bless you!!

Can you imagine the story going around at the fire station? Today we rescued a bird out of a tree. Just a wee bit ironic.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Can you imagine the story going around at the fire station? Today we rescued a bird out of a tree.
And we become a hero for a Swedish girl! She said that real men help every living creature because all life is important. ♥
And to see the happiness of the parront was their bonus.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Brittany0208 Java has a single unit ferret nation, right? Do you think the bar spacing would work for the itty bitty? I'm trying to think of nice, low but spacious options for her.
Yes he's in a Critter Nation Single Unit which has 1/2" bar spacing and horizontal bars whereas the ferret nation has 1" spacing and vertical bars :D
The Critter Nation would be a palace for her.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Screenshot_20190216-104651.png

Anyone have thoughts on whether this cage could work for her?

I was SO CLOSE to getting her a critter nation off Kijiji, but the owner sold it out from under me. Buying one new costs more to ship here than it does to buy!

I'm not wild keen on the vertical bars, but Tiny 'Tiel was moved from her tank to an old cage of Kraz's last week, and she doesn't climb at all. :confused:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Set up a search on Kijiji and crags list for parrot and any parrot cages for sale and birds should show up. My lil sister found Lurch on Kijiji here for me in 09 but now it's called ebay classifieds or something here in the states.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
From the photo it looks like that cage would work well. My tiels have cages with mostly vertical bars like that, but it doesn’t stop them from climbing all around.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
The cage looks great. Nice and wide so you can place lots of comfy platforms for her to get around.

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
View attachment 296740

Anyone have thoughts on whether this cage could work for her?

I was SO CLOSE to getting her a critter nation off Kijiji, but the owner sold it out from under me. Buying one new costs more to ship here than it does to buy!

I'm not wild keen on the vertical bars, but Tiny 'Tiel was moved from her tank to an old cage of Kraz's last week, and she doesn't climb at all. :confused:
Rope or sisal rope perches are bendable, so you can place it at the bottom then they can climb it to get to other platforms, if she can climb up rope perches.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, how is the little princess!:)
How is she doing?
She's getting along wonderfully! :swoon: She is such a sweet little bird.

Kraz has finally figured out that there's another 'tiel in the house, and he and the baby (and Kamara :D) whistle and chatter and sing back and forth all the live-long day. Kraz is the sort of fid who loves other birds, and he's mad excited to have another cockatiel nearby; it's going to be incredibly cute when they finally get to meet face to face.

Tiny 'Tiel has already pretty much mastered the art of hopping, and she pops along without a care in the world, playing with her toys and tearing up her nutriberries like any other baby. She has also decided that showers are the best thing since sliced birdie bread, and her little rain dance is beyond precious. A lot more flipping and flopping involved than the other fids'.

I love her to death.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is so wonderful to hear! I fall in love with her just by Reading about her:heart: Can’t wait to hear what name you decide on:embarassed:

I read about your big scaled addition today, how I love that boy! You are such an angel for animals in need, that handsome boy is lucky you found him:heart: