• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NOT AGAIN

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What's with the spate of lost birds being found outside recently?! I swear, there must be some kind of birdie uprising or something and these guys are letting themselves out.
At least it's a happier thought than them being abandoned...

Well, long story short, there's another 'tiel outside. Why oh why does this keep happening in winter? At least the last guy wasn't out in the snow. :(

I'm going to try the ol' cage method from last time, and hope that Scarecrow, Chainsaw, Black, White and Sophie are as disinterested in this little guy as the last one. Poor sweet baby.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, not again, that’s nuts! I hope you can catch him soon!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Awwwww - hope you can save him!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Fingers crossed that the cage will work! And who are
Scarecrow, Chainsaw, Black, White and Sophie
? It sounds like you've named the neighborhood cats or wild animals.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Fingers crossed that the cage will work! And who are
? It sounds like you've named the neighborhood cats or wild animals.
They are her resident birds of prey!
Yup! Scarecrow and Chainsaw are redtail hawks, and Black, White and Sophie are magpies. They've all lived on this property longer than I have!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
This wee bopper is much bolder than the last one! I spent pretty much all of the afternoon and evening either plastered to the kitchen window, lurking in the front porch, or hanging around in the yard trying to keep an eye on our newest visitor, and a good handful of times I saw him foraging in the grass with the resident songbirds.

The sparrows and finches all tend to spook and flock to the higher branches of the trees when I open the door, but the little tiel would follow them and then immediately start pacing back and forth like he wanted to come back down to me, similar to the last one. Honestly if not for the fact that this guy looks lighter and not as bedraggled, I'd wonder if it was the same tiel come back for more rescue fun.

He also seems to be sticking around due to the familiar voices of Kraz and Harry (maybe that's why lost tiels keep ending up here? lol) so I'm hoping he'll stick around and go for the cage.

He did stand on the door of the cage and reach into the bowl for a nutriberry, but he didn't actually go inside so I think I'm going to have to move the dishes farther back, like a spring trap.

But it's dark now and he's up in the trees with his new adopted flock for the night, so the Rescue Adventures of Tiel Number Two will have to carry on tomorrow.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Thank you for the update. I'm glad he's got friends at least; safety in numbers. :fingerscrossed:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Can we call you the Bird Wrangler? You're going to be a pro by the end of all this.

PrettyandAlex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ilya
Please take the poor baby to a vet ASAP, My aunties husband found a woodpecker on his balcony and his/her wing was injured I told him take to vet but was at work and left the poor guy in a cage outside in cold weather, the poor baby died, just take the bird to vet ASAP. He might have caught some type of infection or be in poor bodily conditions, it can save his/her life if there might be chance of sickness!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Please take the poor baby to a vet ASAP, My aunties husband found a woodpecker on his balcony and his/her wing was injured I told him take to vet but was at work and left the poor guy in a cage outside in cold weather, the poor baby died, just take the bird to vet ASAP. He might have caught some type of infection or be in poor bodily conditions, it can save his/her life if there might be chance of sickness!
She will have to be lucky enough to catch this one first just like she patiently persisted last time until she caught the escaped bird, I am sure once she finally has the luck of capturing him the first place this bird will go is the vet......not sure but I am starting to wonder if hrafn has a crush on one of the staff at her vet clinic. Hehehe she is there all the time for one of her pets or someone else’s that she has rescued.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
not sure but I am starting to wonder if hrafn has a crush on one of the staff at her vet clinic. Hehehe she is there all the time for one of her pets or
I'd wonder if it was the same tiel come back for more rescue fun.
:embarassed:

He also seems to be sticking around due to the familiar voices of Kraz and Harry (maybe that's why lost tiels keep ending up here?
Yes I'm sure of that. As long as he hears them he will stay. That is again proven how strong their flock instinct is.

the Rescue Adventures of Tiel Number Two will have to carry on tomorrow.
Good luck! :bridgette: