• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Not a do or die emergency, but very puzzled....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdinand

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
This is exactly what I went through with Harper. I got her tested for every disease imaginable and all were negative. My vet said it was hormonal. How old is Tyler? That doesn't mean that this is hormonal for Tyler though. Maybe she misses Mary?
Mary has been gone for a while and they weren't housed together...I had Mary and Moore together and Gerogette and Tyler together. They have been in separate cages now for months also...and Tyler would go after Mary when ever she could (they were aggressive attacks where Tyler went out of her way to get Mary):(
Tyler is ten months old.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
She seems young to be hormonal, but Maddie did start getting a little hormonal around the age of one, so it could be the reason. The vet will hopefully be able to shed some light on it.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Tyler is back at home. The Vet said she is very healthy..they found no allergies or infection. He thinks it may be hormonal or the noise from Angie (she is like a soundtrack of sound effects). The vet suggested we give Tyler (and Georgette) 30 minutes of blue light (We had one around that I use in the winter).

I'm glad there is no allergy or infection and I can live with her being partly featherless as long as she is healthy. She looks like she is wearing a big ol' feather helmet now that she is featherless except for her head and wings. ;)

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
Are you sure there aren't mites or something else if you've recently brought in a new bird?

This just seems wrong to me.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Are you sure there aren't mites or something else if you've recently brought in a new bird?

This just seems wrong to me.
The vet didn't think so and that her skin looked very good - aside from having no feathers. They did take a sample (scraping) to rule it out, but really didn't think that was the case.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Did the vet test for any disease? There are a lot of diseases that can cause plucking and it is best to rule them out. I had Harper tested for a lot of diseases, but all were negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.