• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Normal playing?

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
So this is my first bird, she's 5 months and I've had her a month today. I'm not sure if her behavior is normal lovebird frolicking or if she seems stressed. She has never chewed at her toys this aggressively before. Any advice is greatly appreciated

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She looks like she's having tonnes of fun! My birds love scampering from toy to toy and beating the snot out of them. :D

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
She looks like she's having tonnes of fun! My birds love scampering from toy to toy and beating the snot out of them. :D
I've definitely heard that but had yet to see it!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
This was the first time she really played, I've only had her a month. Now she is like this daily to my relief, I'm glad to see her playing and chewing and happy

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great to hear! Does she like the Linnies?

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
She is definitely having fun and playing hard!! My experience with my guys is............they take a few days, even weeks sometimes to warm up to new toys. You have lots of good toys for her to hide in and scamper around, it's perfect and she is loving it!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I think she might... It was after I got them that she became more playful! I bathed the linnies for the first time by spritzing them .. It's the cutest thing! Does Gigi like a spray bath?

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think she might... It was after I got them that she became more playful! I bathed the linnies for the first time by spritzing them .. It's the cutest thing! Does Gigi like a spray bath?
That's so sweet that your lovie is livening up! Yes, Gigi really likes her bath. I mist her with warm water and she gets horizontal with her wings out until she's completely drenched. Then she shakes it off and preens on my shoulder for a long time. Adorable.