• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Normal behavior?

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
these two can't make up their minds! Sky feeds Blue but also climbs on Blue. They beak spar and squabble just as often as they get along. Both will instigate but I've only seen Sky do the feeding. Is this normal male/male activity? Just by behavior alone I would think Blue is female.
Here's their favorite activity, eating millet on the carpet then going through the mess and finding any seeds they missed! IMG_4501.JPG IMG_4505.JPG

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Is this normal male/male activity?
No both gender do this.
And also when you have two boys (I'm not saying you have) it can happen that one of them become the female. (accept breeding and like to be feed)

And they are very cute together. ♥

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
They are so darn cute together. Budgies are very interesting to watch. They do such unexpected things. Mine are definitely male and female and do not feed or groom each other at all. Whatever the gender your lucky they bonded. Would love to see a video of them.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Who cleans up? When my guys get nibbles of millet i am holding it in my hand. Mickey puts her foot on it as if to say "it's mine". Looks like they get along pretty well. Thanks.

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Who cleans up? When my guys get nibbles of millet i am holding it in my hand. Mickey puts her foot on it as if to say "it's mine". Looks like they get along pretty well. Thanks.
Haha me of course! They spend an hour going through the carpet and then I run the vacuum over it to get poops and millet :p