1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noisy flight

Discussion in 'Parrotlets Place' started by Dgh, 2/6/19.

1. Dgh

Dgh Moving in

Dana
    My male 1 yr old male parrotlet, Quill has just started a kind of cooing noise while flying. I find it adorable. Does anyone else get this noise effect in flight?

Davi likes this.
  2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
  3. Zara

Zara Jogging around the block I Can't Stop Posting!

Zara
  4. Dgh

Dgh Moving in

Dana
    I had posted one other but for some reason it kept telling me it was unavailable when I tried to see if anyone had posted an answer. So I deleted it and posted this one.

5. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Walking the driveway

Natalie
    My parrotlet has a very rapid wing beat, so he sometimes sounds like a little humming bird. He can't hover like a hummingbird, but he is a very impressive flyer and can get pretty close to hovering if something is really interesting to him. I am not sure I would describe it as cooing, but like a warm low pitched flutter sound.

6. Dgh

Dgh Moving in

Dana
    Thank you! That may be what I am hearing. I know I have heard wild birds sound like that when they get flushed out so that may be it.

7. Davi

Davi Sprinting down the street Vendor

Davi
    Interesting! I can definitely agree to the humming sound from a parrotlet's wings beating fast (similar to how mourning doves also have a "sound effect" while flying). Cute either way! :-D

fashionfobie likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)