• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noise level

Beatrice1133

Moving in
Hello! I’ve been looking into getting my first bird recently and green cheek conures are one of the birds I have been researching. I just have a few questions, how loud is an average GCC? Do they tend to make noises early in the morning? I understand that all birds make lots of noise and that it depends on the bird, but I’m just trying to get a general idea.
~ Beatrice :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Skippy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jane
  • Hi there! Just thought I would add that my little guy is almost 4 months old and I have had him for 3.5 weeks now. He is one of the quietest birds I have ever had. No loud high-pitched calls like some conures are known for. He is already starting to talk, and his little mumbles are so cute. If you plan to have more than one bird, that could increase the noise level as they can compete with each other for attention. He is a delight and so much fun. They are little clowns and love to play and cuddle with their owners. He can be nippy when he gets into his charged-up playful mode, but everything I have read says that is a very common characteristic with GCC, esp. when they are young. Typically they outgrow it. If you decide on a Green Cheek, I think you will be glad you did!