• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noise level of a Galah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Believe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rachel
Oh of course, Im not saying I plan on purchasing my future faby at all. But, nonetheless, it is possible that my bird hasnt been hatched yet.

When I said " I've seen the rescues, Ive seen those heartbreaking photos of mutilated, plucked, miserable, near-death cockatoos. And that is NOT what I want. " I meant, that is NOT what I want to happen to MY bird. Actually, i'd prefer it to not happen at all:D, but I'll start with ensuring the health and happiness of my future bird.

wolfysluv

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
rebecca stout
I feel so bad for you. Years ago I wanted a sun conure so bad I could taste it. And I swear they were always so quiet at the breeders and bird fairs. Then one day a cherry fronted conure was screaming through a fair. I had never heard anything like that it my life and it never stopped. Other conures joined in. Yikes. I was told a Sun sounded the same. So I went home and researched on Youtube for a change and a nice person had put up a video showing what they sounded like. Shew. Close call for me. And it's like Loree said before I mean, not always does a shrill call get me. Its just some and you have to be exposed to know if you can tolerate it or not. I fully "get" laughing at the loud RB2s. I'm sure no one would see anything funny at all about Tika's yells and screams, but they crack us the heck up!!

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
This is the best video I've seen that comes closest to what my male galah does when he's playing with toys or blowing off steam:

The Professor having a fit - YouTube

Tiki Bird even does the little upside down tumbles off of furniture while screaming. :heart:

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
'The Professor" is so funny!:rofl:

Forgot to add: Couldn't agree w/Loree more--Do check out Princess Ella on Jasminlana's threads, from the 1st to last vids--unbelieveable!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.