• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NO Way!!!!! 1000 posts... Something is wrong with me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Curiosity question: Why are many members on A.A. bringing up their post count #'s here & there, as those posts (most of them) were actually brought over from the other place and not made here? Just curious.
What makes you think that? Everybody's post count starts at 0, including the Moderators, and Administrators. We are celebrating them because we are happy about it.

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
What makes you think that? Everybody's post count starts at 0, including the Moderators, and Administrators. We are celebrating them because we are happy about it.
Since you asked I'll explain, even though I already stated that I stand corrected due to Saroj's response.

Part of the reason for my confusion: Look at the post count of your own. When I click on find all posts by you, it takes me back 20 pages and shows that the first one was made a "week ago", not a month ago etc. ... Somewhat similar results for others with high amounts of posts. When I first joined 3 weeks ago almost, there were members with large amounts of posts even then, if my memory serves me correctly.

Another question since we are on the subject (if you don't mind): Do the posts that some of you made to each other, before the board was officially opened to everyone, count towards your current post count #s?

Don't mean to irritate anyone or pry too deeply, just inquiring minds sometime have questions like this. :hug8:

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
Since you asked I'll explain, even though I already stated that I stand corrected due to Saroj's response.

Part of the reason for my confusion: Look at the post count of your own. When I click on find all posts by you, it takes me back 20 pages and shows that the first one was made a "week ago", not a month ago etc. ... Somewhat similar results for others with high amounts of posts. When I first joined 3 weeks ago almost, there were members with large amounts of posts even then, if my memory serves me correctly.

Another question since we are on the subject (if you don't mind): Do the posts that some of you made to each other, before the board was officially opened to everyone, count towards your current post count #s?

Don't mean to irritate anyone or pry too deeply, just inquiring minds sometime have questions like this. :hug8:
When you look at the list of someone's posts ... it only shows you the most recent 500 posts that the person has made :) That's why you see that her oldest messages only date back to a week ago :)

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
I see. Satisfying to learn from all you respondants how these things work.

If you know, do most of these Internet bird boards work that way (only go back 500 posts)? Is it to save storage space which may cost extra (?), or does large numbers of pages of posts significantly slow down the board or why specifically?

Thank you for your time & patience. :) :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I wasn't being flippant when I asked that. I was curious because it was an interesting question that I had never heard before.

And you and I posted at the same time so I did not see your 'stand corrected' post till now when I came back to the thread.:)

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
I see. Satisfying to learn from all you respondants how these things work.

If you know, do most of these Internet bird boards work that way (only go back 500 posts)? Is it to save storage space which may cost extra (?), or does large numbers of pages of posts significantly slow down the board or why specifically?

Thank you for your time & patience. :) :hug8:
Oh, all of the posts are still in the forum it's just that the search utility is limited to returning a maximum of 500 results. This saves processing and I/O time on the server. You can run an advanced search and look for older posts, I think. But the "quick search" that you can run from clicking on the user's name is limited.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Jamie :) I know that whatever is set is the default, I havent gone to look if there is any way to change it.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
Thanks Jamie :) I know that whatever is set is the default, I havent gone to look if there is any way to change it.
Honestly, I would not worry about changing it to anything else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.