• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No partner

worms

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Phillip
My hen lovebird has died how easy is it to introduce
A new hen
Cheers phil

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
@Zara can answer better lovebird queen

I got pico first thought he was lonely got indie no full bond after a year they preen and feed each other on n off and want each other in sight but no sharing cages indie could love to pico likes his own space
I bought two others it was my last two that bonded together sadly had to rehome them as once summer started the massively had it in for pico which as caused him to pluck his feathers but all was fine for months with the four of them
I was told on here and by @Zara they aren’t easier birds to pair up I honestly wish I had listened better and not made the mistake

I would get a new lovebird if you want one and have a separate cage space and time to let them out separately spend time with them separately if they don’t get on the new bird will need quarantining away from your old bird at first plus you don’t want to just put the new lovebird in with the old lovebirds cage you would need to slowly introduce them and even then you need to be ready for worse case scenario if they don’t get on and accept each other

I wish you all best if you decide to get another lovebird they are amazing little birds they are so easier to fall in love with

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm very sorry for your loss, Phil.

Is your other bird male?

It definitely is a gamble introducing new birds as they may not get on. Having two cages is a must so they can quarantine apart in different rooms, and then live in their own cages when allowed in the same room together. They can only share the same cage once they are bonded - preening, sleeping together, eating together etc.
Introductions should happpen away from those cages.

Only bring a second bird home if you can be ok with having them live in separate cages should they not bond.

Sorry my answer is a little repetetive but the two cage thing is the most important, and there's no fool proof way to bond lovebirds aside from those with colonies.

Wishing you luck in whatever you decide :)

Reactions: tka