• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No more fish. :-(

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Sorry for your loss. I know keeping a pond when i have lost a koi its a sad time. Fish have their own unique characteristics that we get attached to. Every morning my pond fish wait by the edge of the pond where i feed them. When I'm doing pond planting and maintenance they follow me around. Each one has their own personality.
:hug8:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m sorry for your loss ❤
It sounds like Cory lived a long life filled with love ❤

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You aren't going to keep a tank anymore? I loved watching my fish when I kept a couple of tanks going. I kept mine for eight years and after I finally lost all my fish I gave in and sold my tanks. The birds and dogs are more than enough for me!
No. I wanted to get a new, larger tank but I've decided to pass. The tank is behind Sophie and whenever I cleaned it I had to move the birds so the Python cleaner would not be near the cages. If I had another space for the tank I would consider getting a new one but I don't have a place for it and I don't want it in the same location.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for your loss. I know keeping a pond when i have lost a koi its a sad time. Fish have their own unique characteristics that we get attached to. Every morning my pond fish wait by the edge of the pond where i feed them. When I'm doing pond planting and maintenance they follow me around. Each one has their own personality.
:hug8:

Interesting about your Koi. The cories liked to hang out on the bottom a lot because they are bottom feeders/bottom dwellers but then they would come up to the top for some oxygen and swim around. One cory I had was very friendly and he and Mamacita would hang out together. When he passed I bought the other 2 cories, Mr. Cory and Little Cory.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
No. I wanted to get a new, larger tank but I've decided to pass. The tank is behind Sophie and whenever I cleaned it I had to move the birds so the Python cleaner would not be near the cages. If I had another space for the tank I would consider getting a new one but I don't have a place for it and I don't want it in the same location.
My tanks were giant by any means. I had a 36 gallon bow front and a smaller 24 gallon bowfront for smaller fish. I can't even remember what type of power cleaner I had. It did a great job and the water sparkled. One of the big worries here was during hurricane season if we lost power. I had battery operated air pumps just in case but never had to use them.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My tanks were giant by any means. I had a 36 gallon bow front and a smaller 24 gallon bowfront for smaller fish. I can't even remember what type of power cleaner I had. It did a great job and the water sparkled. One of the big worries here was during hurricane season if we lost power. I had battery operated air pumps just in case but never had to use them.
meant to say "weren't"... gotta love typos.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so sorry for your losss

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I’m sorry! You gotta love those little cories. You kept him a good long time!

At one point I had 13 tanks, from 5 to 125 gallons. When we moved to Fl, there’s so much phosphate in the water - it keeps algae growing. I gave up after a year. We don’t really have a place for one either but wow I miss having them!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m sorry! You gotta love those little cories. You kept him a good long time!

At one point I had 13 tanks, from 5 to 125 gallons. When we moved to Fl, there’s so much phosphate in the water - it keeps algae growing. I gave up after a year. We don’t really have a place for one either but wow I miss having them!

That's a lot of tanks. How did you keep up with the cleaning? Too bad about the phosphate level and the lack of space. I always used purified water and treated it with Prime.