• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No Home With A Shedder Should Be Without..

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The Furminator

the best thing since dog cookies and squeaky toys!:eek:

did I do that??:lol:
I swear he grows hair daily. And he is a short haired dog!

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
LOL!!! The look on his face is hilarious!! "Is there another dog down there??" :rofl:

Ginger

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am a groomer and the furminator is fantastic! I can fill garbage bags full and build at least two more dogs.

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Yep furminator fan here too - Sometimes the kids at the psych hospital where my dog Jed works brush him for quite a while so there's quite a pile of fur. Then we spend some silly time 'building' little fur dogs on the floor LOL!
Yes, I'm easily amused.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
LOL!!! The look on his face is hilarious!! "Is there another dog down there??" :rofl:

Ginger
Haha..he would LOVE that! He loves all dogs. I had to restrain myself recently when there was a pure white female akita on CL for FREE!!:omg:

I am a groomer and the furminator is fantastic! I can fill garbage bags full and build at least two more dogs.
:hehe: My friend suggested it to me. To think, all this would be inside my home.:lol:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yep furminator fan here too - Sometimes the kids at the psych hospital where my dog Jed works brush him for quite a while so there's quite a pile of fur. Then we spend some silly time 'building' little fur dogs on the floor LOL!
Yes, I'm easily amused.
Aww, that is awesome. He is allowed there with you? He must be very well behaved.:highfive:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
from the look on that sweet face, that hair came from the neighbors dog and you made him sit by it for a pic :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Carol
does it really work that well?!? I have a couple of tools for removing the loose hair (top and under coats) but am wondering if that one is easier to use

I have both long and short hair pups here

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
LOL...it is amazing how much he can produce! I have had brushes before, nothing ever worked like this. They are a little pricey, but if you look around you can get it a bit cheaper.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I will have to try it then, Buddy sheds terribly!

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
GG, the furminator is excellent and very gentle on the dog. It really gets all the dead hair and that thick undercoat out. I have a shep/chow mix who is a heavy shedder. The furminator works wonders on her coat and the shedding is extremely cut down. It costs about $35.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
thanks! definitely going to get one now - will let yall know how is works on my 'horse' :D

I just looked at a video of it on Amazon, what I like about it already is that the hair does not stay on it.

The hair accumulates in the tool that I have, much like a brush

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sometimes I have to pull a bit out, but for the most part, you are right. I took him outside, and we 'furminated' again. We got another huge pile. I prefer outside instead of the porch. You don't have to clean it up, and the wild birds love to line their nests with it.:)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
You should see the piles at my house with my furballs!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL Omg how funny! I do have one and it works sooo great! But the fur never stops!!! OMG, it is endlessly combing out! Did you actually get down to nothing? How long did it take?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hmm..ask one of the experts on size. Mine is the large.
I don't think it ever stops either. It's amazing to me just how much he produces on a daily basis. I can imagine a furrier or longhaired dog..oh my goodness! It also helps me assess his skin health. He tends to be sensitive to flea bites, and his Advantage doesn't seem to be working as good as it used to. I am going to look into alternatives, and take him in for a check up this week. We hit a spot or two that bled. That means there is a raised/irritated spot. Florida is very hard on dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.