• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nila thinks he's a stud!

InTheAir

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Claire
Little Mr Handsome has discovered he's a boy and is a bit obsessed with impressing everyone and everything! He courts Sapphire a couple times a day, feeding and preening her, with moderate success. But he's also courting almost everything he comes into contact with. We visited his friend's, Janey and Charlie, yesterday and he tried his moves on them. He has feed Charlie a few times previously.
Today I wanted to make a video of him holding out his foot so his nails can be trimmed for the local bird club, he got excited about the nail clippers and wanted to feed them. I got home from the shops and put a glass bottle on the bench and he starts boy dancing to it!
When we do a trick training, or even if I call him, he starts making his heart shaped wings.
Is this normal for a teenage (about 18 months) ringneck?

It's driving me (and Sapphire) a bit nuts!
Funnily enough my bf, who is his favourite person, is the only one who seems to be able to interact with him without Nila showing off his newfound masculinity most of the time.

I have been feeding them a bit more fruit since I got Sapphire and mashed pellets some mornings (it's the only way to convince Sapphire to eat pellets from her own plate). I'm wondering if I should cut the mash and most of the fruit from his diet? They are both probably getting more fruit than they need.

Lola13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chloe
My IRN is strutting around and I have to laugh. I don't know who or what she's dancing to she's dancing to everything! She's also just started to regurgitate. My IRN is 18 months old as well.