• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nice find at auction. My Zon loves it.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Found this at auction for 25 dollars...was in almost new condition, they average about 400 dollars, give or take. IMG_20190315_144612.jpg

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Lucky steal! I paid $100 for something a fraction of that size for my smaller guys.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome find.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Nice find!! Maybe I’ll get that lucky at our town auction tomorrow!!:fingerscrossed: LOL

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Great deal! Nice!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:wow:

Lucky duck!! Someone's selling one of these on Kijiji for $400, and that's a steal!

What a happy 'zon. :xflove:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Incredible find!!!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Wow! Buddy would probably love that. He's in love w/ his shower perch that he looks outside on. I hate it, but its functional. Cost wayyyy too much for something My hubby HAD to drill as it kept popping out of it's cross bar. If Buddy couldn't fly he'd have landed :bounce5: in the garbage can thats below it!

:lol: I can laugh now but it wasn't funny @ the time. Thank goodness for wings!

These may seem like dumb ?'s but I feel like I'm having a dumb week. What kind of auction in town was it? Something specific To birds? How do you take care to disinfect something that large?

:grouphug2:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh Wow! Buddy would probably love that. He's in love w/ his shower perch that he looks outside on. I hate it, but its functional. Cost wayyyy too much for something My hubby HAD to drill as it kept popping out of it's cross bar. If Buddy couldn't fly he'd have landed :bounce5: in the garbage can thats below it!

:lol: I can laugh now but it wasn't funny @ the time. Thank goodness for wings!

These may seem like dumb ?'s but I feel like I'm having a dumb week. What kind of auction in town was it? Something specific To birds? How do you take care to disinfect something that large?

Hello! The web site is at Albrecht Auctions | Home it is out of vassar, michigan. The auction is weekly on mondays, the site is very secure. go to current auction on site. Browse all pages, sometimes 50-80 pages......we just picked up a beautiful sectional sofa for 160.....friends want to buy it off is for triple what we paid...Most stuff is picked up in person unfortunately, but now and then, great finds like this perch stand, and larger parrot cages come up...
It's not at all hard to clean this perch....same as you would a bird cage...

Last edited:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Really cool site/auction house. Tons of stuff. Wish I wasn't so far away. Maybe a blessing in disguise tho. I'd want to buy everything! :lol:

Thanks to both of you!

:bighug:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Really cool site/auction house. Tons of stuff. Wish I wasn't so far away. Maybe a blessing in disguise tho. I'd want to buy everything! :lol:

Thanks to both of you!

:bighug:
Thank you!!! you would love the antiques that show up there!!! Did you browse the site!? Did you see that antique bird cage....custom wood design and metal?? That's an awesome design. They don't make them like that anymore.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What a bargain! Gotta love it when you just happen to be in the right place at the right time.
Bet your birds love it.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nice find!

The only thing I'd be worried about is thoroughly disinfecting it...you don't know why it ended up on an auction site. The last bird to use it may have died of something contagious.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Hawk12237 .

I went through about 12 pgs. Some really cool antiques. I love the head vases. My Friend collects them & all the carnival glass :heart::heart: pretty :)

I checked & we have an auction place near me but there's no way to preview the item. I'm disabled. If I'm going out I want to be sure to have @ least one possible buy. Not just a wasted few hours. Oh well! Maybe they'll change it in time. I was gonna have my kiddo check FB for me. I'm terrible & don't do the FB stuff. Lol!

@tka .

Thats why asked about cleaning, (your concern about illness) Anyone can spray a heavy disinfectant on steel but w/ wood being so very poreous...

I could bleach wood we have done it w/ our aquariums driftwood, but my hubby handled it & was sure it was totally dried & rinsed multiple times before placing the item into the tank until the water hit its proper ph no fish were even considered. With Buddy I don't want to risk that being illness or bleach.