• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Newly disabled budgie - help?

parrotluv

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Just read your post, he might need another toxic metal injection, sometimes it takes more than one. Since he did show improvement first time, maybe consider another treatment again

Happy’s mom

Moving in
if you'd like to see some flat perches, I have several on my Etsy shop (Perches4Change Bird Toys & Products by Perches4Change on Etsy Regarding the plastic mesh, I would rather try to use a natural fiber. You can even try to find a placemat made of natural fibers (w/out any treatment on it),
I got Happy’s new perch today! I used the material from the mat to weave him a “ladder wall”. He likes it!! Of course he likes chewing on it the most, lol. But he did use the ladder to climb down from his perch . C936A565-7433-4E32-BFD9-76996F9696E8.jpeg

Happy’s mom

Moving in
Just read your post, he might need another toxic metal injection, sometimes it takes more than one. Since he did show improvement first time, maybe consider another treatment again
I will email the vet to ask her about it. Although his grip never got better after the shot, just his overall health and perkiness had gotten better.

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
So sorry for you... But as long as he's happy and comfortable, there's nothing to worry about :)

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I got Happy’s new perch today! I used the material from the mat to weave him a “ladder wall”. He likes it!! Of course he likes chewing on it the most, lol. But he did use the ladder to climb down from his perch . View attachment 264624
So happy to hear "Happy" is feeling better despite his grip not being what it used to be. I'm sure he appreciates all the love and care you're providing for him!