• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Newest Scaly friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Here is Harvey he is my newest scaly addition. He is a rescue bearded dragon. He is around 1 foot long and he is a great eater. Anything that goes into his cage he thinks it is food. He is also a special needs beardie. Part of his upper mouth is missing so his gums and tongue in that area get really dry. I having experimenting with things to try and use to help a bit but not much luck yet. But he is just the sweetest little guy not a mean bone in his body.
P1020476.jpg
Here is the part of his mouth that is missing.
P1020478.jpg

P1020479.jpg

P1020480.jpg

P1020481.jpg

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Awe great pictures. How big is he and how big will he get?

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
What a cutie! I'm just getting ready to really start researching Bearded Dragons before getting one for my son(well for me and my hubby too).

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
awww pic 5--he's cute!! :D

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Awe great pictures. How big is he and how big will he get?
Right now he is about a foot long snout to tip of tail. I am not sure on his bloodlines so his size could vary a bit. Average is about 18 inches but my other 2 are 17 inches and 22 inches.
What a cutie! I'm just getting ready to really start researching Bearded Dragons before getting one for my son(well for me and my hubby too).
You wont regret getting one they are amazing lizards! They have so much personality. My other 2 always come to the front of their cage and great me every morning and beg me for food.
awww pic 5--he's cute!! :D
I am a bit biased but I agree he is cute;)

Last edited:

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
That's great Logan! I had a 2ft Beardie when I was much, much, younger and it used to go everywhere with me. Cats were no threat to him!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
That's great Logan! I had a 2ft Beardie when I was much, much, younger and it used to go everywhere with me. Cats were no threat to him!
Your lucky Stevo you had one of the big boys. My first beardie got close to the 2 ft mark he was an amazing beardie I miss him so much. And I know what you mean by no threats. Mine love to torment our miniature schnauzer. They just have such great personalities!

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Awww how cute! I envy you!

I had one of those not to long ago, he was just a baby. Sad story there. It seems instead of liking mice, my cat likes reptiles. She actually tore the wire off the lid to the cage and I walked in to find him in her mouth! He lived for a few weeks and I thought by some miracle he might survive but he didn't. I had wanted one for so long too! Very strange cat, no interested in rodents or birds, only reptiles!

If your ever out this way stop by, I'll give you the 50 gallon tank I still have!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Awww how cute! I envy you!

I had one of those not to long ago, he was just a baby. Sad story there. It seems instead of liking mice, my cat likes reptiles. She actually tore the wire off the lid to the cage and I walked in to find him in her mouth! He lived for a few weeks and I thought by some miracle he might survive but he didn't. I had wanted one for so long too! Very strange cat, no interested in rodents or birds, only reptiles!

If your ever out this way stop by, I'll give you the 50 gallon tank I still have!
If you are interested in another beardie let me know there is another special needs that I may get. He at one point lost all scales on his back due to a fungus they are slowly growing back but he still needs a little bit of special care in my opinion just adding a bit of antibiotic on it to be sure. And next time I am up in your area we at least need to meet up.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Here is Harvey he is my newest scaly addition. He is a rescue bearded dragon. He is around 1 foot long and he is a great eater. Anything that goes into his cage he thinks it is food. He is also a special needs beardie. Part of his upper mouth is missing so his gums and tongue in that area get really dry. I having experimenting with things to try and use to help a bit but not much luck yet. But he is just the sweetest little guy not a mean bone in his body.
View attachment 5569
Here is the part of his mouth that is missing.
View attachment 5570

View attachment 5571

View attachment 5572

View attachment 5573
Very cool!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
What a cute beardie!

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Logan, those are great pictures of Harvey! That's great you're there to rescue the special needs ones. How old do they get?

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I will give anything that needs a home one or find a home for them no matter how special they are. And they live around 10 yrs old.

Status
Not open for further replies.