• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New words make me smile.

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
I love when they pick up new words. My boy picked up some new words recently. Most of the time I pick him up I say “Hi buddy. Come here”. So he started saying “Come here” whenever he wants attention haha. Today as I was leaving after lunch he says “Hi buddy. Come here!” When I was walking out the door. So I of course turned around and give him another head scratch.

Never ceases to amaze me the things these intelligent creatures pick up. I just said to my wife the other night, “isn’t it crazy how an animal can learn to talk our language. And learn the situations those words are used in”.

Anyone elses’ birds pick up any phrases lately that make you smile?

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's been saying it for a little awhile now but Elvis says "Come on Elvis" and his newest one is "Hey Elvis'. I guess we try to get his attention a lot. LOL.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Oops, just realized @BirdEE asked specifically about Cockatoos, but I’m not taking my answer down. o_O
...no need to...when any creature uses our language to communicate, it's a wonderful thing..and should be celebrated...:)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton has picked up the phrase "I KNOW THAT"...he used it twice in a conversation...in correct context (at least it seemed in correct context)... with my wife today...

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Blu is not a cockatoo but he recently said something that cracked me up so much. It was almost bedtime and he loves resisting. I told him it was almost time to go night night. He flew over to my hand, waddled up to my shoulder with gusto, came right up to my face and said..."you talking trash?"

I laughed so hard for days

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Blu is not a cockatoo but he recently said something that cracked me up so much. It was almost bedtime and he loves resisting. I told him it was almost time to go night night. He flew over to my hand, waddled up to my shoulder with gusto, came right up to my face and said..."you talking trash?"

......a cocky Quaker...I can visualize that...:rofl:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

:laughing7:

BirdEE

Walking the driveway

:lol:Now that’s hilarious! Haha

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

:loltears:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna

OMG that’s so funny!!:pinklol:

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
Thought I would bump this.

Last night I was looking at a wall in the living room and wondering if my daughters room really extended that far into the living room. I don’t know what I thought it might be, perhaps a secret dry walled in room I could open up and extend the living space?

So I walked into her room and my wife stayed in the living room. I said “I’m going to knock on the wall in her room. You’ll be able to tell if it’s the same wall”.

So I go in there and *knock knock knock*. Casper yells “WHAT ARE YOU DOING DAAAAD!”

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
Simon comes out with " how are you buddy?" sometimes. Isn't it lovely too to hear your bird practicing new words. Simon will go into a box or paper bag to practice his words, maybe he can hear his own voice more accurately that way.