• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New turquoisine!

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Here's my new turquoisine parrot, Rainbow!
He is quite timid, and very cute!
I bought from a local pet store.
He is now living in my aviary with my other birds.

IMG_3022.jpg

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
I have never owned any turquoisines, but they are so stunning. If I ever build an aviary I would put my canaries in there along with other birds. Do you think that they would get along? What kind of birds do you have in the aviary?

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
I have never owned any turquoisines, but they are so stunning. If I ever build an aviary I would put my canaries in there along with other birds. Do you think that they would get along? What kind of birds do you have in the aviary?
funny as i just literally posted a post about that!!! lol I have a cockatiel, budgies, and finches in my aviary with it. refer to my signature! all the birds that are aviary birds are in the same aviary!

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
what kind of birds do you have? are they housed together or separate? I am going to be getting a canary sometime, but im not sure when! :)

Harleyandme

I have two canaries I would house in the aviary and keep my cockatiels indoor. I'd buy and house more canaries, finches, bourkes, turquoisines and those kinds of birds. Maybe cockatiels, but less likely as would be wary they would pick on the little birds. Also, what kind of canary would you get? My favourite ones are the bright yellow (I believe the breed is called Harz Roller) and the Spanish Tembrado canary (in photo I attached).

Attachments

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
I have two canaries I would house in the aviary and keep my cockatiels indoor. I'd buy and house more canaries, finches, bourkes, turquoisines and those kinds of birds. Maybe cockatiels, but less likely as would be wary they would pick on the little birds. Also, what kind of canary would you get? My favourite ones are the bright yellow (I believe the breed is called Harz Roller) and the Spanish Tembrado canary (in photo I attached).
well i know a breeder who said i could choose a canary out of his next lot for free when he gets a new pair. it would probably be a yellow, or orange one.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
my finches are in with my cockatiel. the cockatiel is great with them, as he was already in with finches. they get along really well together!

Harleyandme

Right now, my cockatiel is not near the canaries. He is very inquisitive with them and they would probably get along quite well. I'm not sure about sharing a cage with them though :/

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Right now, my cockatiel is not near the canaries. He is very inquisitive with them and they would probably get along quite well. I'm not sure about sharing a cage with them though :/
yeah thats the thing. aviaries are better for housing different species because they have more space.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
but they go fine together. any species of bird is fine together! :) everyone says different things so you don't have to believe me, but if your birds have lots of space and things to do, then they are fine together!

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
but they go fine together. any species of bird is fine together! :) everyone says different things so you don't have to believe me, but if your birds have lots of space and things to do, then they are fine together!
i know LOTS of people say no, you cant have finches with budgies, or budgies will starve your cockatiel and so on... but in reality... my birds are all fine together! :)

Harleyandme

Interesting. I was thinking about building an aviary in the distant future and this was quite helpful. I guess it depends on what kind of birds the are and how they get along.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Interesting. I was thinking about building an aviary in the distant future and this was quite helpful. I guess it depends on what kind of birds the are and how they get along.
depends on their personalty too i would suppose. I had originally two budgies in the aviary and that was all, and what i did was introduce all my birds around the same time. it worked!! :) The budgies were a bit mean to start with but they're fine now. and when is say mean, just like a couple pecks, nothing major.