• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New to the forum, ekkie sounds

Amanda6

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a female ekkie. She is thought to be around 5-7 years old. I have had her for several months now. She only ever makes two sounds, one is a clicking sound and the other is a small cooing/purring sound. That's the only 2 sounds I have ever heard out of her. Are most female ekkies this quiet or is it just her?? I'm also trying to figure out what those two sounds mean when she makes them.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Welcome to the forum.
I have a noisy Caique so I can't offer any information.
Hope you can post some photos...

Amanda6

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Welcome to the forum.
I have a noisy Caique so I can't offer any information.
Hope you can post some photos...
Thank you!
I am on my work computer so I will have to post a picture later on when I am home.

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
From what I hear a lot of them are "closet" talkers. Females talk just as well as males.

Mococo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
Lulu is beautiful! It sounds like she's happy :cheer:

I've heard that every parrot is different and while they all have the capacity to talk, some decide not to. My girl talks a lot, and when she's happy she clicks, grinds, coos, and chuckles. But she also has moods where she's perfectly silent for hours.

Amanda6

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Lulu is beautiful! It sounds like she's happy :cheer:

I've heard that every parrot is different and while they all have the capacity to talk, some decide not to. My girl talks a lot, and when she's happy she clicks, grinds, coos, and chuckles. But she also has moods where she's perfectly silent for hours.
Thank you! I hope she's happy, I think she is. Oh I know that every parrot is different and some talk and some do not, I honestly don't care if Lulu does or not. I love her no matter what! Yeah, Lulu only clicks, grinds, & coos. I like to think that all of these sounds are happy noises, but I don't know. Lulu is silent a majority of the time, which is fine by me :) She's beautiful and sweet & I love her company!