• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New to site need advice on tame in a 15week old ring neck

Whippet666

Moving in
Real Name
Adam
Hi i am new to this site so may i say hello i would like some help on how to tame my indian ring neck parrot i been told its male but want no for sure till it gets its ring i just would like some helpand advice on how to tame my parrot i can get near cage i can put food in bit bird is a bit jumpy i been told take bird out cage in a towle and go to bathroomor a empty room hold bird in towle nicely so cant get bite and talk carmly and build bond i try feed him apple and amuseing parrot premuim mix as well as parakeet seed mix any advice would be good thank you

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Welcome ! I'm so glad you're here!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
i been told take bird out cage in a towle and go to bathroomor a empty room hold bird in towle nicely so cant get bite and talk carmly and build bond

No, don´t do that.
You can´t force a relationship. Start by interacting with the bird while s/hes in their cage. Sit by the side and talk gently, offer little treats.

i try feed him apple and amuseing parrot premuim mix as well as parakeet seed mix
Are pellets available where you live?
Also offer some vegetables.

Welcome to the forum Adam.