• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New tiel's gonna be here any minute now!!!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
This is just a bummer. I'm glad I have him but it really took the wind right out of me when I saw that he was beaten up. :(

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
How's he doing now? Has he settled in and relaxed a bit?

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I was thinking that he was the bird from the pet store... I missed something - but happy this one is in your care.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
How's he doing now? Has he settled in and relaxed a bit?
He's hiding behind his swing, but seems to have settled down.

I was thinking that he was the bird from the pet store... I missed something - but happy this one is in your care.
The pet store bird was already adopted, sadly. I had only just really discussed buying him two hours before they pushed to sell him asap.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Glad to hear that! He's a good boy and deserves a great home like yours!!!!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Uuugh so early! X-x Thankfully, he's okay. Vet said he needed a little extra calcium/healthier chow and might need hand-feeding. Little guy is a bit underweight and it's likely a combination of being sold to them at such a young age and being bullied by their other bird. I do have to keep an eye on his face. If it starts to look swollen or tender, I have a baytril prescription for him.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwww. Poor baby. You will have him looking good in no time. And he will shine knowing he is safe and loved. He needs a nice strong name.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Uuugh so early! X-x Thankfully, he's okay. Vet said he needed a little extra calcium/healthier chow and might need hand-feeding. Little guy is a bit underweight and it's likely a combination of being sold to them at such a young age and being bullied by their other bird. I do have to keep an eye on his face. If it starts to look swollen or tender, I have a baytril prescription for him.
you're on it! Good job! You obviously know how to handle this. I'm so glad he now has you to look after him. As for a name, I still vote for Lucky! Describes him perfectly!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
And now that we're home, he's terrified. I had to fish him out from under the TV stand so many times. Poor little one hasn't even learned to fly yet. He hasn't bitten anyone, but he bluffs a lot and does his best to fly away.
he'll settle in soon, start making new friends, and feel so much better with the healthy chow you're giving him. You'll have a new BFF in no time!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh yay! :excited1: I was in the wrong thread, still waiting.

I'm glad the bird made it to you, the bird whisperer. Too bad the previous owners were so ignorant and let him get hurt.

We also adopted one that is over 20 and probably over 25, and never got a name. :( So hubby named him Clint, as Clint Eastwood played in the movie the Man With No Name.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Oh yay! :excited1: I was in the wrong thread, still waiting.

I'm glad the bird made it to you, the bird whisperer. Too bad the previous owners were so ignorant and let him get hurt.

We also adopted one that is over 20 and probably over 25, and never got a name. :( So hubby named him Clint, as Clint Eastwood played in the movie the Man With No Name.
IMG_20190914_120349772.jpg IMG_20190914_120325499.jpg
Here are some better pictures. He's suuupeer hard to get on camera, I had to rescue him after that.

And he's already pooped on/in his water dish, silly thing.

Poor Clint. :sad4: I'm glad he finally got himself a name.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Aw little Gabriel is so pretty though!!!:heart: I'm sure he'll calm down soon; he's gotta realize that he's in a caring, safe home now!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m so happy the world brought you and this little one together. I look forward to reading all about him :)