• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New tiel! Blinking eyes constantly...

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
So someone here (not me ofcourse) got a new grey tiel and she's so lovable. New home new surroundings and new birds in India are often carriers of one or the other underlying issue. Though she's active and alert, I gave her a look and will try to get atleast basic tests done very soon....today I was told that she's blinking eyes often.... IMG-20190114-WA0007.jpg I'm not expert so posting in video and pics here....
PS- Please ignore cage size, plastic perches,sound and other things, I'm making sure she gets these things ASAP. Natural perch is in making & She's already in a calm environment now :)

Attachments

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She looks very lethargic there. If she's doing that all the time, I would be very concerned about illness.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I don't see her blinking. Her eye is closed most of the time and opens towards the end. It is flickering when closed, but my eyes would be highly active in what sounds like a busy area. Looks to me like a very frightened bird in a new place with new people and new everything else. Give her time in a quiet area to calm down and settle in.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She could be sick or scared. I would cover three sides of her cage and keep her warm. Is she eating and drinking okay? I’m glad she’s going to the vet soon.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's not even close to shine... And i will take precautions...thanks for caring :)
Right, but if you're in the same airspace with her, you need to take precautions to decontaminate yourself before going near Shine.