• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New schedule

laracroft

Strolling the yard
So I'm a graduate student, and I've got an internship for the summer that has a very different schedule from my school year schedule. Micah and I are both having some trouble adjusting. We both have to get up earlier than we're used to, and he's used to me being around much more, but this isn't something where I can work from home. Any suggestions to make this easier? We'll be moving soon (which is going to be a whole other adjustment, but I'm excited) and then my commute will be shorter, so that will help. I know we probably just need time to find our rhythm again, but I want to make this as easy as possible on him (and on me, tbh), so any suggestions would be appreciated.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
What kind of toys is Micah interested in?

When I need to be gone all day I stick a birdie safe branch in the cage that has leaves. Neptune and Picard both get their own branch. They love picking the leaves off and watching them fall. It makes an affordable and busy little pass time.

You could also try playing some bird songs for him. My boys seem very interested in North American bird songs. I actually avoid parrotlet clips when I am gone, because they can get very upset about these strange parrotlets trying to invade their turf. There are some long clips that are 11 hours long.

laracroft

Strolling the yard
Thanks for the response!
What kind of toys is Micah interested in?
Micah loves anything he can shred or otherwise destroy. I like the bird safe branch idea, I think he would enjoy that, but I honestly have no idea how to tell if a branch is bird safe??

He does tend to get upset when I play parrotlet noises, so that's out, but I could try other birds and see how he responds for awhile before I try leaving him alone with it on.