• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Routine with Freddy

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Ok...Mr Freddy bird has been playing games with his food and trying to get more seed out of me. Usually I give him a little seed to get him to eat his breakfast. I give him veggies first thing as I have read they're hungrier then. And I also find that true for Freddy. He eats his seed then he comes out and goes back in his cage as he knows when he gets back in, he gets his seed treat! Ok we're getting ahead of this today. Today he got his sweet potatoes and no seed. He started eating and after a few bites he realized no seed! He started climbing the door and I said NO FREDDY EAT YOU SWEET POTATO. Well he chirped for a bit, as I continue to tell him to eat his breakfast. Usually if I walk away he will eat whatever is there, but I learned I can't stay there. Just like a kid, he will continue to work on me. Little stinker!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Usually if I walk away he will eat whatever is there, but I learned I can't stay there. Just like a kid, he will continue to work on me. Little stinker!
Smartest kid you’ll ever have. :lol:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
He used to eat with me but that's been fading too. Now he will approach me if he sees I have something he likes. Guess that makes sense. He has started to recognize food preference that I have in my possession.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Smartest kid you’ll ever have. :lol:
No kidding! I can't get over it! The more I get to know him Joe says he's becoming a pain, lol. I say he's amazingly smart. He's like a toddler but with the intelligence of a 10 yrs old lol.
Yesterday he was hanging on the outside of his cage door moving the latch up, down, left to right! And he kept doing it! I asked him what he was doing and he chirped! Will need that lock soon!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Last night Freddy was just inches from his terra cotta /stone foraging dish. I sprinkled some seeds in it, and Freddy watched the seeds fall between the rocks. Then he looked up at me, and looked down at the rocks again. Lol he stared at it for several minutes before climbing up, back into his cage, and chirping at his treat dish! Lol sigh.....

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
....ANOTHER GOOD ONE....Freddy had one of my sweet potatoe fries yesterday and of course loved that! He ate the most I've seen of anything! SO HERE WE GO....sweet potatoe wedges baked in the oven like I did when my son was little! All the things I did for my 4 yr old, work with Freddy too! Really can't believe it!!