• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New pics of the growing boy

echocharlie

Meeting neighbors
Here are some new pics of our little Bhuddi Bhuddi (I think he has close to five names already... making vet appointments is going to be tough as I try and remember what name is his "official" name!) He's exploring the floor and me in the first one and the Christmas tree in the next. I'm sure he's trying to figure out which ornament to play-attack first and is probably a bit overwhelmed at the staggering choices! :wideyed:

Attachments

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
He is stunning :hug8:

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, gorgeous! What species is he? He looks like a toucan! :)

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks guys, we're definitely enamoured with him :) Good eye, GuineaPigster, he's a green aracari and they're one of the smallest in the toucan family ;)
Wow, so cool!!!
Where do you get a toucan?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There are several breeders in the US. Jerry Jennings of Emerald Forest Bird Gardens breeds several species of toucans, toucanets, and aracaris.

Matt

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
That is so cool!! How long do they live?? Does yours live in an outdoor aviary?

echocharlie

Meeting neighbors
Thanks! I think he's pretty neat :D 15-16 years is the magic number I've read the most but I vaguely recall seeing 30 somewhere. He lives inside in as big of a cage as we can muster at the moment, 24x36x52, but we try to let him play around the house whenever we're around. He is soooo energetic!

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks! I think he's pretty neat :D 15-16 years is the magic number I've read the most but I vaguely recall seeing 30 somewhere. He lives inside in as big of a cage as we can muster at the moment, 24x36x52, but we try to let him play around the house whenever we're around. He is soooo energetic!
Wow, how fascinating!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He does still have the baby eyes and baby color. He looks great and the pics are adorable. These are Pico's eyes, and what I was talking about in Tanya's thread.
They are red

echocharlie

Meeting neighbors
Ooh, Pico is such a stunning little birdman! :heart: It seems like Elliot's eyes are much lighter than Lafitte's but you're right, Lafitte's are definitely not red yet. Now I'll be checking out the eyes first in every green aracari pic I see for the foreseeable future! :rolleyes:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you! :cool:

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
He does still have the baby eyes and baby color. He looks great and the pics are adorable. These are Pico's eyes, and what I was talking about in Tanya's thread.
They are red

WOW! So exotic!