• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Pi

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Keep trying all different ways...perhaps put veggies in Avian Organic bread as you bake it...that and mini pumpkins/squash stuffed with pomegranate were the keys to opening up a healthier diet for my rescue pi but it took offering all sorts of forms of veggis for a year on a daily basis to get him hooked

Hope this encourages you

RawPasta

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelley
Keep trying all different ways...perhaps put veggies in Avian Organic bread as you bake it...that and mini pumpkins/squash stuffed with pomegranate were the keys to opening up a healthier diet for my rescue pi but it took offering all sorts of forms of veggis for a year on a daily basis to get him hooked

Hope this encourages you
Thanks for the tips! I have a lot to try when she finally comes home. She gets the Asian Medley offered every day, and the days I'm not there with her when they offer, they said she's scared of it. We'll keep working. I got discouraged with my nanday, tried for years. He eats pancakes (well, almond flour and eggs and bananas) so i''m goingto make him a batch with sweet potato and some other things and see if I can bring a few for Penny to try.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
@RawPasta, don't you just love those big eyes? It makes every move seem so sweet and innocent! :heart:

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
@RawPasta, don't you just love those big eyes? It makes every move seem so sweet and innocent! :heart:
Omg I know! My conure has such tiny eyes compared to her, she's got huge eyes! Luckily, I know better. She can't fool me.
After talking with the breeder today, it sounds like she won't be ready to come home for another month. She really isn't attempting to wean at all.

Reactions: LSA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I got discouraged with my nanday, tried for years. He eats pancakes (well, almond flour and eggs and bananas) so i''m goingto make him a batch with sweet potato and some other things
Mine loved pancakes, too! In fact, her favorite dinner was breakfast. I always had to make her a special little pancake first to fill her up on.
Sweet potato is good for both. It's high in the Vitamin A they both need. Besides, it's fun to watch them get so excited over their edible foot toys! The only thing more loved than sweet potatoes is carrots.

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Yayyyy Penny refused a feed today! It's the first time she's refused formula and I'm so proud of her. We might just get her home this century!

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Penny has a pretty smile :)
I know! She's so stinking cute. She was so excited to see us today she hopped right out onto my husband. Usually she wants scritches for a few minutes first. We didn't visit yesterday because life, but also we brought our galah home Friday and wanted to supervise his first full day in the new environment.

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
This little stubborn lady still didn't want to give up feedings. So, one of the feeders assessed her location and decided that she might have felt like she was still in the nest. The other day we moved her to a bigger cage and she dropped a feed! And she's maintaining weight! Resized_20180710_153253_5661.jpeg

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Cuteness overload! :faint:

:heart::heart::heart:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I would be so excited to bring that baby home, when you are eating (home)say things like nummy, nummy then ask if she wants some. She'll probably just stare at you but she might get curious too.

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Mine doesn't purr; he just agrees not to eat my finger.

Actually he's been beak-grinding the last 4 days. That is new, it only took him 4 years!

Omg I love the beak grinding. I've not heard it much from Penny, but my guys at home.... it's music to my ears.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Mine grinds her beak constantly!:fairy2:I understand totally when you says it's music.
I love that she's learning to trust and realize that she deserves respect. Just being in her room brings tears of joy to my eyes!
I'm so happy for you!!!:hug8: