• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Naked Pants.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I remember doing this to my lhasa apso. It always amazed me how small he was under that hair.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I remember doing this to my lhasa apso. It always amazed me how small he was under that hair.
If you've ever given a cat a bath the same thing happens. They "depoof".

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
I'm afraid to clip my mini aussie as have seem and heard of horror stories about their coats after. Some never grow back correctly and some do. I'm afraid mine would the some grow back some don't and she would like horrible. Even my friend a groom said not to clip a double coated dog so going with what she recommends.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I'm afraid to clip my mini aussie as have seem and heard of horror stories about their coats after. Some never grow back correctly and some do. I'm afraid mine would the some grow back some don't and she would like horrible. Even my friend a groom said not to clip a double coated dog so going with what she recommends.
What happens is they grow less and less of that pretty top coat, and more of the undercoat.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Piper looks like a couple of cotton wool balls on legs! I'm sure she'll be happy when she gets her "haircut".
If you've ever given a cat a bath the same thing happens. They "depoof".
Uh, guys. I'm afraid Piper will not depoof. She has gained weight! When hubby feeds them they gain. When I feed they lose. Right now he is in charge. I'll post a pic when I get her clipped. Was hoping to leave a little length but the comb doesn't fit my clipper or I don't use it correctly.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
What happens is they grow less and less of that pretty top coat, and more of the undercoat.
Yes I know this what happens. If he was a young dog I would never think of doing it.

But when your 105 and never had a proper grooming until you were 70, I think you deserve a little slack. :)

It’s all situational. He will have a full coat by October.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes I know this what happens. If he was a young dog I would never think of doing it.

But when your 105 and never had a proper grooming until you were 70, I think you deserve a little slack. :)

It’s all situational. He will have a full coat by October.
Oh I know. I was responding to @Mitzi . Sorry about that.

If he didn't have proper grooming till 70 .... :jawdrop1: poor baby! I shaved mine too if you look up there somewhere. It's usually 95 and humidity is a zillion down here in the tropics. Too hot to have beautiful coats.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
When I had a dog I was living in Wisconsin on 50 acres in a log home. It was beautiful. I adopted a puppy at the local shelter that was half German shepherd and the other half border collie. That dog was so very smart and fast. He loved to chase after the many deer in the evening and overnight. I think he would have broken through glass to get to them. Anyway I kept his fur short all the time because he would get deer ticks all over him whenever he managed to get away. It was much easier to get the ticks off with a flea and tick powder. I much prefer dogs with a short coat and yours looks so much better that way.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
@finchly

Roy and Pat (my in laws) were retiring and bought a beautiful property out in the middle of no where. Literally. They wanted a dog and shopped around for Major. He came from a well know breeder in the cattle industry for raising and selling working (herd) dogs. He's a registered pure bred. None of his dogs are let go until they are almost a year old (spayed/neutered unless you pay for the privilege) and have been basically "raised" by the breeder. They were not raised as pets.

Roy and Pat only had Major barely 2 years when tragedy struck the first time and Pat suddenly died. So for the next 8 years Roy lived alone with Major. There were no fences. No leashes. No boundaries of any kind. He was a free living dog who did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Day or night. He was never allowed in the house. He had a wooden doghouse with some straw. Winter (-30c) and summer (+30c). The last couple of years we finally convinced Roy to let him sleep in the back porch of the house when it was really hot/cold.

We don't know exactly when but sometime on a Friday night/Saturday morning Roy suffered a heart attack while going to the bathroom. He was not discovered until late Monday. So Major was in the house with him for 3 ish days. He loved Roy. :(

There was no question as to we were taking the dog. That will be 6 years ago in November. I've inherited the smartest, most well behaved dog I have ever met in my life and I've met a lot of dogs.