• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Naked Pants.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Before
Major.jpg

After
IMG_4629.jpg

He's in heaven
IMG_4620.jpg
IMG_4619.jpg

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I just did this to Cricket. I am not sure if she would allow naked pants photos.

She is a frightfully expensive, pedigreed cocker spaniel who now looks like an overweight beagle.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a cutie! Now he can feel that cool tile. :cool:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Handsome boy! How hot is it there now?
It gets close to 30 degrees C for a few months.

Just make sure he doesn't get sunburned.
Yes. And the mosquitoes.

must feel so much better as a dog groomer i can say that a lot of dogs especially older ones would benefit so much from this

He didn't just lose 5 pounds of hair. He literally acts 5 years younger. Doesn't drink nearly as much water. No heavy panting. It's quite remarkable. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So handsome. Nice haircut Major.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Life is good for handsome Major!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
So much relief for them when they no longer have to fight to stay cool. I used to have to get my cats tummy shaved to help her stay cool when we lived in Western Australia.

Nice pics of your dogs :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Just make sure he doesn't get sunburned.

I have to put sunscreen on Sophie if we're going to be outside for a while. That won't be happening next week! Too hot for my fat bum! ;)

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He looks a lot better and happier shaved. I've always been very tempted to get my shelties a summer cut but didn't want to ruin their coat. I'm not quite sure I buy into what some of the breeders say about them being cooler with longer coats. I might go for a happy medium and see if someone is just willing to trim a dog down to shorter hair instead of shaving it.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
He looks a lot better and happier shaved. I've always been very tempted to get my shelties a summer cut but didn't want to ruin their coat. I'm not quite sure I buy into what some of the breeders say about them being cooler with longer coats. I might go for a happy medium and see if someone is just willing to trim a dog down to shorter hair instead of shaving it.
Yeah I hear that too from groomers. I dunno maybe it depends on the breed. But like you I don't quite buy it.

@JLcribber he's a very handsome boy :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

The goal was/is to try and cut a 1/2” to 3/4” shave but his hair is so thick along with the matted areas that they can’t do it. We’ve tried. It’s all or nothing.

You have to remember that this dog was born in northern Alberta and had never been inside a heated space for the first 10 years of his life. Regular -30c long winters. A wooden doghouse with some straw in it.

If you’ve ever felt a sheep. It’s that thick. It will be fully grown back by October. :)

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
It gets close to 30 degrees C for a few months.

Yes. And the mosquitoes.

He didn't just lose 5 pounds of hair. He literally acts 5 years younger. Doesn't drink nearly as much water. No heavy panting. It's quite remarkable. :)
yeah im sure he does, a lot of people hesitate or don't want to do it at all because those breed usually are not the type you clip or cut but, people forget where all those breeds come from they to get to experience
degrees C, we have the same weather here in the souch of france (french riviera) and i think especially for an older dog this is a necessity to do ones or twice during the hot season ... great thing you did ! very responsable!:bliss::bliss::yahoo:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Since it is always hot down here we keep a short puppy cut on all 3 of our Yorkies.
That’s the thing. I know we aren’t “supposed” to cut certain coats - especially the double coated dogs, as it lessens the outer/brings on the inner coat. But my goodness, they burn up! Piper stopped walking yesterday 2 doors down and I had to carry her. I just haven’t gotten to her yet.

@JLcribber we tried the 1/2” comb on the clipper. It just catches in her coat. I wanted to leave her 1/2” also. It doesn’t matter tho; it’ll grow.