• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Mom - Is this what a 6.5 week old lovebird looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes... they were pics taken over the past two weeks..... by the day I got him, he was pretty much fully feathered.

Can we get an updated pic of him? I'm interested to see how that grew in so I know for next time something like this comes up. I googled lots of baby photos trying to investigate for you and none came up like yours so this is a learning opportunity for us all!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
It looked so different, I thought they'd given her a different bird! And I've had baby lovies I had to hand feed before. :hmmm:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@Mizzely I'm assuming (always dangerous) that the pretty little blue lovie in Mrs. featherton's avatar is her little one. Looks completely different and much, much better than the (older) original photo we were shown.

Mrs Featherton

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cheri
@Mizzely I'm assuming (always dangerous) that the pretty little blue lovie in Mrs. featherton's avatar is her little one. Looks completely different and much, much better than the (older) original photo we were shown.
My avatar is just a random blue lovebird I found before I picked up Murphy. (His/her name)

Here he is today.... EB1E6290-7BE1-4AE4-B28C-C7AE6B7A2E0E.jpeg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Murphy is cute!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: That first 4-week-old picture is adorable! I mean, they're all cute of course, but :swoon:.

Oh, and there's Murphy. Too cute! I have to leave now before I decide we need lovebirds.

I started looking at lovebirds yesterday. I had a Fischer's many years ago but I love the blue coloration as well as the violet and creamino.
I'm holding out for a Ruppell's parrot.....:D ;)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Lordy that is a young baby. How is he eating? He is completely beautiful, though I have a big soft spot for the blue coloured lovies.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Yes... they were pics taken over the past two weeks..... by the day I got him, he was pretty much fully feathered.
Oh well, that makes quite a bit of difference doesn't it? Now I feel stupid for the way I answered.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I appreciate your opinon - but he was NOT PLUCKED. Each photo she sent me showed a progression of feathers COMING IN. His feathers are FINE. They just grew in in a funny way.

REALLY wish I could delete this thread.
Excuse me, but wasn't this you who asked this: "New to lovebirds. Is the sparse feathering normal for this age? 6.5 weeks."

Mrs Featherton

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cheri
The discussion was over and his comment was not adding anything helpful - it was only written to criticize.

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Congratulations on Murphy, I have a feeling that you two will bond incredibly as it's not easy to ask questions as a newcomer but it is always the best thing to do. Personally, I don't have any birds but I love reading about others, make sure to keep us updated on your new little cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies.