1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Mom - Is this what a 6.5 week old lovebird looks like?

Discussion in 'Lovebird Lane' started by Mrs Featherton, 4/14/18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Featherton

Mrs Featherton Strolling the yard

Cheri
    Yes... they were pics taken over the past two weeks..... by the day I got him, he was pretty much fully feathered.

iamwhoiam and SandraK like this.
  2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna

Can we get an updated pic of him? I'm interested to see how that grew in so I know for next time something like this comes up. I googled lots of baby photos trying to investigate for you and none came up like yours so this is a learning opportunity for us all!

Ankou, SandraK, finchly and 2 others like this.
  3. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    It looked so different, I thought they'd given her a different bird! And I've had baby lovies I had to hand feed before. :hmmm:

Ankou and Anfsurfer like this.
  4. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Sandra
    @Mizzely I'm assuming (always dangerous) that the pretty little blue lovie in Mrs. featherton's avatar is her little one. Looks completely different and much, much better than the (older) original photo we were shown.

5. Mrs Featherton

Cheri
    My avatar is just a random blue lovebird I found before I picked up Murphy. (His/her name)

Here he is today.... EB1E6290-7BE1-4AE4-B28C-C7AE6B7A2E0E.jpeg

EllaMay, Sylvester, SandraK and 2 others like this.
  6. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Murphy is cute!

SandraK likes this.
  7. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Karen
    :omg: That first 4-week-old picture is adorable! I mean, they're all cute of course, but :swoon:.

Oh, and now there's Murphy. Too cute! I have to leave now before I decide we need lovebirds.

Last edited: 4/16/18
  8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

I started looking at lovebirds yesterday. I had a Fischer's many years ago but I love the blue coloration as well as the violet and creamino.
    I'm holding out for a Ruppell's parrot.....:D ;)

9. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Sandra
    Murphy's is looking very cute - fabies are hard to not love.

finchly and faislaq like this.
  10. Sylvester

Sylvester Jogging around the block

When googling the topic of when a baby lovebird gets it's feathers, the research points to 4 weeks. They say by a month it should look like an adult. I wonder if they are younger than what the breeder is telling you?

Sure is one cute bird.

Lady Jane, TikiMyn and faislaq like this.
  11. SandraK

Sandra
    Now you should start a new thread - I think there's a Nursery forum or the forum for new birds to AA.

TikiMyn and faislaq like this.
  12. LunaLovebird

LunaLovebird Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

Lordy that is a young baby. How is he eating? He is completely beautiful, though I have a big soft spot for the blue coloured lovies.

TikiMyn, faislaq and SandraK like this.
  13. Sylvester

Oh well, that makes quite a bit of difference doesn't it? Now I feel stupid for the way I answered.

[​IMG]

14. Sylvester

My reply on the last page stated the same thing. LOL! Been nice to have known.

15. Sylvester

Excuse me, but wasn't this you who asked this: "New to lovebirds. Is the sparse feathering normal for this age? 6.5 weeks."

Anfsurfer, TikiMyn and Mizzely like this.
  16. Mrs Featherton

Cheri
    This discussion is over. But thanks for nothing.

17. LunaLovebird

LunaLovebird Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

Relax. You asked questions and you got answers. No one here is out to get you.

Anfsurfer, Sylvester and TikiMyn like this.
  18. Mrs Featherton

Cheri
    The discussion was over and his comment was not adding anything helpful - it was only written to criticize.

19. Sylvester

Next time learn to word something better and you just might get the answers you were hoping for.

Anfsurfer likes this.
  20. Scorch

Scorch Strolling the yard

Congratulations on Murphy, I have a feeling that you two will bond incredibly as it's not easy to ask questions as a newcomer but it is always the best thing to do. Personally, I don't have any birds but I love reading about others, make sure to keep us updated on your new little cutie!

Mrs Featherton and Sylvester like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)