• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New milestone

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
I went to the grocery store to get a few things so I put Lucy in the cage. Once I got home, I wanted to get her back out. Usually, I open her cage door and she climbs out on the top of her door and sticks her foot out for me to come get her. But instead, I reached INSIDE the cage to see if she would bite me or not and she just stepped right up!! I happily pulled her out and showered her with praise! Im very happy and this means she is trusting me more now! :bliss:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Awesome!!! Many congrats!

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Awesome!!! Many congrats!
Thank you! Im excited!! Now only if she would let me trim her toenails. Its time for that and REALLY dont want to take her to the vet to do it but she will bite me if I try.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thank you! Im excited!! Now only if she would let me trim her toenails. Its time for that and REALLY dont want to take her to the vet to do it but she will bite me if I try.
I can trim all but Lucy's nails. If I tried clipping hers I'd have to go get stitched up at the ER!!!

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
I can trim all but Lucy's nails. If I tried clipping hers I'd have to go get stitched up at the ER!!!
I wonder what the vet would charge me just to clip her nails? Our vet is NOT cheap for anything unfortunately.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
I pay $20 here in michigan
I will call our vet tommorow and ask them. I already know Lucy hates it and I dont really want her to assosciate me with distress. Lol

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Teresa has to hold Tinker in a towel for me to file his nails. Only takes a minute but he is totally pi**ed off when I do it and would bite for sure.
As soon as I'm out of this sling and can drive he's off to the vet for a good trim again.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
It takes 3 techs at the vet to trim my Lucy's nails. They tried it with only 2 but the young guy nearly lost his thumb. I felt terrible for him!

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Teresa has to hold Tinker in a towel for me to file his nails. Only takes a minute but he is totally pi**ed off when I do it and would bite for sure.
As soon as I'm out of this sling and can drive he's off to the vet for a good trim again.
Yeah I agree. I hope your feeling better by the way!! I am too scared to do Lucys nails. Lol

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
It takes 3 techs at the vet to trim my Lucy's nails. They tried it with only 2 but the young guy nearly lost his thumb. I felt terrible for him!
Yeah it took 2 for us and Lucy bit the vet and he was bleeding. She screams really loud.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
$39 to trim all that is necessary. For Gigi it's just the nails, but the vet spends lots of time with her and kind of gives her a mini physical too. I think it's great to have her looked over every 3 months.

Sunny&Mars

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
For this our vet is reasonable (in Ontario). I think it would be worth looking into as you would hate to do any damage. Our guy didn't even really need his done, I guess I have the proper perches in his cage that keep them trimmed naturally.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
$39 to trim all that is necessary. For Gigi it's just the nails, but the vet spends lots of time with her and kind of gives her a mini physical too. I think it's great to have her looked over every 3 months.
Yeah thats a good idea :) We wanna keep our babies healthy :)

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
For this our vet is reasonable (in Ontario). I think it would be worth looking into as you would hate to do any damage. Our guy didn't even really need his done, I guess I have the proper perches in his cage that keep them trimmed naturally.
Yeah Lucy has a sanded perch but her nails seem to grow pretty fast. Within 3 months they can be razor sharp. The day I brought her home a little over 4 months ago her nails were so sharp they cut my skin. I dont wanna trim her nails really, I would rather the vet do it to be safe.