• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New member looking to rescue amazon in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
I live in Brazos county and I'm looking to rescue an amazon and am willing to drive as far as a state over for one that needs a good home. I would possibly be interested in an african grey too but I think an amazon would be the best fit for me. You can learn pretty much anything you need to know about me from my introduction thread including the amenities it would enjoy with me. Soon to be Texas zon owner signing in! | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Odds are you will not find a person with more time and flexibility to devote to a bird and this would be a single bird household. If there are any on shelters or on craigslist i'm probably already aware of them. I"m keeping an eye out every day for good candidates but if you know a zon that needs a good home feel free to let me know!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Have you checked on Petfinder? They list birds available for adoption at a lot of rescues there.

And welcome to the forum!

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
I have checked on petfinder. There's one shelter that seems...insane that has several zons that i'd be interested in but they won't adopt any of them to a man. And the other shelter has a zon that might be a good fit but is a bit older than i'm looking for and the adoption fee is quite high. i JUST bought that gigantic cage so i gotta save a little if i'm going to get one with a high adoption fee because when I get a bird I also have to simultaneously pay the pet deposit here to my landlord and that ain't cheap either.

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I also like ResueMe.org. It has different postings than Petfinder and is simpler to me. You just select the pet type and state.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
Oh i know, i generally check craigslist every day and all the search sites every few days.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
IMAG0159.jpg Just putting up a picture of the new cage I picked up for whoever I end up with. I think this should be quite a palace for a single amazon. Perches,toys and boings and chews are on the way from the internets!

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
output1.jpg I just adopted this gorgeous thing so I'm all set on birds for hopefully a long happy time. Mods can feel free to delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.