• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Lovie! Need Names

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I feel like a massive failure atm, Sawyer was out flying around downstairs and he got into the world's dustiest lampshade that I didn't take into consideration. After all the dust was stirred up I started hacking up a lung because I'm so sensitive to dust. I started panicking because if it's that bad for me with dust imagine what it would be like for him with his tiny lungs! So there was nowhere else for him to go but into the room with Charlie. I understand the risks of not quarantining but I was so terrified he was going to get respiratory issues being downstairs for a month. You guys can totally call me a huge failure because I failed to take into account the world's dustiest lampshade and I failed to complete the quarantine :(
In better news he seems to be doing well yesterday and today and both Charlie and Sawyer have a vet appointment on the 8th so we'll get lots of tests done to make sure everything is ok.
IMG_3010.JPG
I think he's warming up to me which is great

Long story short: I dun goofed up quarantine

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Don't beat yourself up about it. I think I would have done the same thing, and your vet visit should clear up whether or not there is anything to be concerned about anyway. My quarantine with Anakin was a resounding failure also thanks to a certain overly curious escape artist. Thankfully, there was nothing that showed up in their subsequent vet visit that would have shown up in quarantine.