• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Lovie! Need Names

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
24169499_1992785091004134_1734887153_o.jpg
Here's the sweet little guy I brought home last night, he's shy atm but that's to be expected. Currently he's downstairs in quarantine and after about a month we'll start introducing him to Charlie!
I need name suggestions, his previous home named him Sunny but that's too close to my rabbit's name (Sunshine)
Currently Waldo, Chaplin, Pixel and Bunsen have been suggested (or I thought them up) I'm kind of waiting to get to know him a little better before I decide.

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
Cute alert!!:heart:
I like waldo or chaplin if i had to pick. But in my opinion the name should fit their behavior and character.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
IMG_2996.JPG
He's quieter than Charlie, he only makes little peeps and quieter screams. Right now he's enjoying this foraging activity with timothy hay and fresh parsley and hidden millet. I started transitioning him onto zupreem natural the same way I did with Kamara, he seems receptive to it

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
He’s sooooo cute, I like the name Waldo!

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
This may be bit long for a bird name but I was considering it while naming Leo. I just kind of find the name Sylvester a cool name for a bird, Syl is also known to be a shorter version of it but I'm not sure how that's supposed to be pronounced in the English Language. I also like Sammy.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
He is just gorgeous. I like the name Waldo too! I love the name Liam also, but I guess I'm a bit partial to Celtic names, as you can see by my boy's name - (Fergus). :)

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I'm thinking because everyone likes Waldo so much he might just have to be Waldo lol! I was also thinking Sawyer because I loooove the name Sawyer.
I just chopped down a massive rose of sharon branch and gave it to him, he's bouncing around quite happily on it, I think he likes it! In the cage I got him in all his perches were dowels with sandpaper covers and that had to hurt his little feets! He loves his dogwood branch perch too

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I'm thinking because everyone likes Waldo so much he might just have to be Waldo lol! I was also thinking Sawyer because I loooove the name Sawyer.
I just chopped down a massive rose of sharon branch and gave it to him, he's bouncing around quite happily on it, I think he likes it! In the cage I got him in all his perches were dowels with sandpaper covers and that had to hurt his little feets! He loves his dogwood branch perch too
Sawyer suits him! I think thats the best one I've heard so far. but that is just my opinion

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Waldo is cute! When you lose sight of him, you will always be asking "where's Waldo?" :D
Do you know if he's a male for sure?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
He is so adorable! That second picture, ouch my heart is melting:heart: I like Waldo, Chaplin and Sawyer:D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie. Charlie and Chaplin is a cute combination. But I also like Waldo (where's Waldo) and Sawyer (My what a cute buzzsaw)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If you want to save money you can test DNA at home. Vet I go to charges $50. per bird and the home kit was free with a price tag for testing at $27. All you do is pull out some feathers and put them in the mail. Feathers must be freshly pulled. Let me know if you are interested and I will try to recall the name of the lab many of us used. Both names you are considering are male names. Do you want gender flexible?

Link: Avian Genetic Testing | Animal Genetics

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's very cute!

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
If you want to save money you can test DNA at home. Vet I go to charges $50. per bird and the home kit was free with a price tag for testing at $27. All you do is pull out some feathers and put them in the mail. Feathers must be freshly pulled. Let me know if you are interested and I will try to recall the name of the lab many of us used. Both names you are considering are male names. Do you want gender flexible?
I go to Guelph so I think they may be able to do gender tests in house because they seem to do most of their tests on the premises , I'll give them a call and find out what the fee would be, usually testing and medication is quite cheap there

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I forgot to take into account the giant mirror in my basement that has been there forever. The little guy decided to fly over to it and now doesn't want to leave it. I'll have to cover it up with something
Edit: Mirror is covered now, hopefully I'll be able to get him a play area set up downstairs soon so he can play outside his cage

Last edited:

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
Also I have a question on quarantine, Charlie has a vet appointment on the 8th of December for a checkup. Would it better if instead of taking Charlie I took the new guy for a checkup?
If he gets a clean bill of health after lots of tests would this reduce the quarantine time?

Loor

Meeting neighbors
Waldo’s definitely a cute name, you could call him Wally too.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I called and made him a vet appointment for a checkup and I told them his name was Sawyer so I guess that's his name now! He's spent the last few hours exploring outside the cage and it's really tough to coax him back in. I'm trying to get him to go in will millet and such so I can put him to bed