• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Lovebirds

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
My aviary birds eat like that, Spud is more refined & picky lol she samples everything similar to how a wine connoisseur Does lol unless it's a bowl of seed then she pretty much sits in it and eats like she has never seen food before :) but yes Lovies do tend to be mess makers lol

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
Hahaha African Greys are a delight to own, and I have a feeling your husbands right haha Spud will definitely take over the Grey. Although my Grey is rather skittish of my lovies haha, he's a giant compared to them. Greys are amazing to own, they are super intelligent my Grey wont stop talking and now has started mimicking my lovies noises hahaha.
That is so cute that your grey mimics the Lovies :) how adorabe hearing a big bird mimic such tiny little creatures :) yea we pay up around $5000+ fir a baby Grey over here & we don't seem to have a rescue problem with the larger parrots as much as America does either so going to a bird rescue isn't an option either :( so I'm unlikely to own a Grey anytime soon at that price :(

Fatgirl

Sprinting down the street
That is so cute that your grey mimics the Lovies :) how adorabe hearing a big bird mimic such tiny little creatures :) yea we pay up around $5000+ fir a baby Grey over here & we don't seem to have a rescue problem with the larger parrots as much as America does either so going to a bird rescue isn't an option either :( so I'm unlikely to own a Grey anytime soon at that price :(
I hope someday soon a Grey will come your way and im sure youll be an amazing parent to it as you are to your lovies :)

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
is TheZupreme dangerous with all the color dies they put in their food to make them look like fruit?
Well zupreem natural dosent have dyes. Id prefer happy not have the fruit variety...but miss picky pants will only eat that and roudybush maint. So she gets both

Fatgirl

Sprinting down the street
Hey all hope everyone is well. My lovies are pure white but they are slowly developing some colors here and there and ive noticed that their wings have a turquoise shine when the sun hits them, its quite beautiful. However, i wanted to know do all lovies this or is it specific breeds.

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
Well I was pretty sure they were not albino as their eyes are not red, so I figured they must gave SOME colour even if it is only very very faint. I've never seen White fischers like yours so I can't really comment I'm afraid, but I love them :)