• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Juvi Macaw!

issajoy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Thanks everyone! :D

Sarah, you don't have to ask me twice! Excuse the quality of the last three, they're screenshots from super cute videos I took :pinkgrin:
omnomgrapes.jpg zzz.jpg feets.jpg cuddles.jpg flapflapflap.jpg
Ollie holds foods over his head when he really likes them... so far hes done this with grapes, bananas and raspberries.
He really loves taking naps.
He rolled over the other day so we could play with his feet! It was too cute.
Ollie loves cuddles too, especially in the morning
Last photo is right after he finished flapping his wings... he loves to exercise!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awww he still sleeps like a baby with the backwards head tilt. :heart2:

Hows he eating, how's his weight? Do you weigh him on a scale?

I know he is so little and it's hard to buy for them when they are small but I would get a better perch than a dowel for him. You will soon start to see pink patches on his feet from the uniform wear using the dowel. Make sure you offer lots of veggies too. I know it's hard to get them too munch veggies over fruits but push for a balanced diet of everything. :D

Baby macaws are SO FUN AND CUTE! :xflove: I want you to fall completely head over heels in love with him as he WILL try your patience in a few short years. ;) Toddlers are such little terrors so raise him right. :laugh:

I had 3 three year olds and OMG o_O... when they turned four it got worse. :arghh: At five years old :banghead::facepalm::wtf::dead: Now they are six and it's seeming to level out.... a little. :p

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome I hope you enjoy your time here:)
Ollie is beautiful :heart:

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
He is so adorable. Welcome to the avenue.

@Macawnutz How is Lenny doing?

issajoy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Awww he still sleeps like a baby with the backwards head tilt. :heart2:

Hows he eating, how's his weight? Do you weigh him on a scale?

I know he is so little and it's hard to buy for them when they are small but I would get a better perch than a dowel for him. You will soon start to see pink patches on his feet from the uniform wear using the dowel. Make sure you offer lots of veggies too. I know it's hard to get them too munch veggies over fruits but push for a balanced diet of everything. :D

Baby macaws are SO FUN AND CUTE! :xflove: I want you to fall completely head over heels in love with him as he WILL try your patience in a few short years. ;) Toddlers are such little terrors so raise him right. :laugh:

I had 3 three year olds and OMG o_O... when they turned four it got worse. :arghh: At five years old :banghead::facepalm::wtf::dead: Now they are six and it's seeming to level out.... a little. :p
He is eating pretty good, he definitely prefers fruits to veggies... although he does seem to like bell peppers, I can't get him to eat many greens! (any advice?)

He weights 787g, I do have a scale for him! He gets fresh fruits/veggies every day, harrisons pellets in his foraging toys, and about 1/4 cup of nuts every day. :D

He has a couple different types of perches in his cage, the dowel is the main one that goes across, he has a pedicure perch for his sleeping perch, some natural wood branch ones, and two of the snax shack perches, and all are different widths to give his feet some variety.
I love him so so much, he is such a sweet baby even though as he gets more comfortable with us, he is getting a little mischievous... especially when he runs under the dining room table! :dead: And likes to try to eat any prints/lettering on my clothing, but he's my baby and I love him. :heart:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Peppers are great. Warm cooked sweet potato is always a favorite. Just keep offering the veggies even if he is not eating them. Sometimes it takes time for them to acquire the taste.