• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New here and looking for help finding the right bird for me gcc, meyers, pionus?.

Sillybirds

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mariana
I have 2 parakeets currently (well actually my girlfriends), but they are bonded and dont really want anything to do with me. I was looking to get a bigger bird maybe small to medium sized within the next year and looking for help deciding. Right now I'm thinking something like a green cheek conure, senegal, meyers or possibly a pionus.
I want a bird that doesn't need your attention every moment of the day and while I love cockatoos I know I don't have the time for one and I'm not qualified for a bird like that. This would be my first bigger bird, but my girlfriend has had a cockatoo before and we have visited the pet shops and an aviary to pet and look at some different birds. I would like a bird that actually wants to hangout with me, but can entertain themselves also. A cuddler would be nice and one that likes to play a bit. Talking is not a big deal, but might be nice if it was capable of learning a couple words. I'm up and at home from 10am to 3pm and my girlfriend is usually home by 6pm and goes to bed around 11pm (she lives a busier life than me).
Let me know your experiences with these birds...I would love some insight.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! If you go under the different bird sections there are "The Good, the bad" and the ugly" posts which give a good overview of what the different birds are like. : )

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:

Sillybirds

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mariana
I'll be sure to look over the good vad and the ugly of each type...thank you i just joined and figuring out how to get around on here

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran