• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Goldfish Photos From Today

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Charlie and Vanessa Kiss! :heart2:

Lovey:heart:

Moby

Fu Man Chu

Charlie

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You pick the most beautiful fish! They are all amazing!

Matt

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They all look fat and happy :aquarium:

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
I adore all these pictures! The tank is beautiful too. I love how black sand makes everything else pop! :D

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
This brought tears to my eyes!! A thread covered in puffy wens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
:heart: :faint: :heart:
I was just going to ask you for baby pictures! :faint: ty
Do you get all your fish from the same place? :shy:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone :) Alida, three are from one site and two are from another. But yes, most from Dandy Orandas.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

I've never heard of people buying gold fish online before. Do they ship them to you or do you have to pick them up??? :shy:
Good morning. How do you think fish from all over the world make their way there? :fish2:It would be a really long swim.....:coffeescreen:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Do they ship them to you or do you have to pick them up??? :shy:
In this case yes they are shipped. Presently all of my fish except one otocinclus, some nerite snails, and one shrimp have been bought and shipped online.
Stores generally have shipments shipped also. Big ones. Many of the fish farms who raise tropical fish are in Florida. But many of these fish can not be domestically raised. Or if they are, they are not the same types. Most all saltwater fish are shipped in. There are only a few types of sw fish successfully captive raised. There are some specialty breeders of discus,bettas, goldfish, and a few others.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Take this site as an example~ This is where most of my goldfish are from. This man imports them from places like China and Japan. He keeps them for months and treats them with meds, heals any illness or injury, grooms them to be beautiful, then puts them up in an auction. This is where Moby, Charlie, and Fu Man Chu came from~ DandyOrandas.com » Collector and Show Quality Goldfish

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
Good morning. How do you think fish from all over the world make their way there? :fish2:It would be a really long swim.....:coffeescreen:
I asked because it doesn't work that way over here, at least on a retail level (maybe wholesale). At least, not that I know of anyway. Just as I would never commit to owning a bird (or any other pet) without viewing the bird first, nor would I commit to buying a fish without first viewing it in the flesh. We have very strict laws about what flora and fauna can be imported into Australia and by whom. I did check out their website.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I asked because it doesn't work that way over here, at least on a retail level (maybe wholesale). At least, not that I know of anyway. Just as I would never commit to owning a bird (or any other pet) without viewing the bird first, nor would I commit to buying a fish without first viewing it in the flesh. We have very strict laws about what flora and fauna can be imported into Australia and by whom.
It was a joke. :roflmao: I think the fact there are strict laws in Australia is an admirable one. One that all countries should employ. :cool:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
So pretty! Fu Man Chu is my favorite :heart: