• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Fish Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
These are the 2 fish I will be getting from Steve at Raingarden in HI soon. He has graciously said I can use his pics. :)

China Doll

Oranda

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
Oooh! I like the second fish the best.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you. I would have chosen two Oranda, but they get quite large. The china doll stays on the smaller side. He most likely will not retain much of that black, but it's ok..I just wanted the Oranda to have a buddy.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Very nice fish!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Haley & Miriam.
This will be their tank~{much prefer live plants, but these guys eat them for the most part} Sorry about the reflection of my reef. The white thing is a pad from my other tank that is seeding this one with bacteria.

Last edited:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I like the China doll :)

the tank set up is very pretty. How many gallons? I would like to have a couple goldfish in a nice big tank, but you have to clean their tanks more regularly than other fish, right?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Emily. Yes, high flow and keep it clean. Hence the mostly bare bottom. It will make it simple to push everything around to clean it. It's supposed to resemble a pond in the middle. I am really not crazy about the fake plants, but I guess it will grow on me. It's a 29 gal. For now it will work. Will most likely have to upgrade eventually.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
You're giving me ideas! :D I have a 29 here that is just sitting with nothing in it. I'd have to buy new filters and everything, though..

I would love to see all of your tanks :) do you keep any salt?

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Beautiful. We just started goldfish in a 55 gallon tank. I really wish I had seen your setup before, I love the bare bottom and it will be much easier than vacuuming the gravel.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
wow I love it, I love to watch fish in a tank, peaceful :)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gorgeous goldfish!!! I love them. I use to raise pom pom goldfish. Your tank is great!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Both are beautiful! Why will the first one not keep it's black? Age? :)

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Carole we need new pics of all your amazing tanks! You have some of the most beautiful planted tanks I have ever seen :D.

Congrats on the new goldies, I LOVE Orandas, had a few in my pond back home in TN :D

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Gorgeous new fish. And love the tank set up, can't wait to see it with the fish in it. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
You're giving me ideas! :D I have a 29 here that is just sitting with nothing in it. I'd have to buy new filters and everything, though..

I would love to see all of your tanks :) do you keep any salt?
Beautiful. We just started goldfish in a 55 gallon tank. I really wish I had seen your setup before, I love the bare bottom and it will be much easier than vacuuming the gravel.
Thanks. I do keep a 90 gal reef, and have a 15 gallon planted tank. I know..about the substrate...looking on youtube actually gave me ideas. I am really going to like that part. It is the bane of most GF tanks I believe, since they put out so much waste.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh wow..missed a whole page of posts.. hold on:o:lol:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
wow I love it, I love to watch fish in a tank, peaceful :)
Thank you!

gorgeous fish and beautiful set up Carole!!
Gorgeous goldfish!!! I love them. I use to raise pom pom goldfish. Your tank is great!
Thanks to both of you.
They are very pretty. Are they being shipped to you? How do they go about shipping fish?
Same as any store would get fish. They are overnight on a plane in a styrofoam cooler in a box. They will begin to fast the fish before shipping to lessen the amount of ammonia in the bags. Thank you.

Both are beautiful! Why will the first one not keep it's black? Age? :)
Black is an unstable color in goldfish. She could turn all orange, or stay an orange body with black fins. Time will tell. Thank you.

Carole we need new pics of all your amazing tanks! You have some of the most beautiful planted tanks I have ever seen :D.

Congrats on the new goldies, I LOVE Orandas, had a few in my pond back home in TN :D
That is cool they can be in a pond, they are very pretty from above. I only have two other tanks, one planted, one reef. I have a new pic of the planted I can post. The reef is in the re-prettying stage.:D Thank you.

Gorgeous new fish. And love the tank set up, can't wait to see it with the fish in it. :)
Thanks..me too..I am pretty excited. Haven't had goldies since I was a kid winning them with ping pong balls at the fair.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.