• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New dog food Hurraw

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I was at the local pet shop, Where I buy my dog food. There is a new dog food, they just got in, Its called Hurraw, Anybody feeds this to their dogs. ? My dogs eat Pulsar, Which is a dry food, with no wheat,corn and fillers. Pet shop gave me samples of the Hurraw, My dogs love it. Its made in Canada, as well as the Pulser. Hurraw is a dehydrated raw dog food. I am thinking of maybe switching my 2 dogs to the hurraw. Its quite expensive thou, For a 10KG bag its $67.00 + 15% tax. That is the smallest size box too !

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I guess nobody feeds this food.thats ok I going to try it on my 2 dogs after their other food is finished. I was wrong on size for a 5 kg bag it's $67.00 + 15% tax and 10 kg bag is 115.+ Tax

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I'v never heard of that food but I hope your dog likes it. Let us know!

My dentist was telling me about another food I've never heard of before, last week.

It's made by Burt Ward and it's called Gentle giants (for small dogs too) and he claims to have a bunch of 20 something year old dogs! If that's true, it's quite remarkable

Home

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Crazybirdchick the food you mentioned is quite similar to the food my 2 Teckels are eating now . It's called Pulser. The new food after their other food is finished is going to be Harraw dyhydrated raw meat. I was given 3 sample bags to try and my dogs love it. It's quite expensive, but they will eat less,and it will be better for them.As many dog foods these days are filled with fillers , such as corn and wheat,which is crap to give to dogs,those are basically fillers,so if a dog food has corn as top ingredients that's basically crap. Here is website to the food I want to buy for my dogs next. www.harraw.ca Thank you for showing an interest .

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Crazybirdchick the food you mentioned is quite similar to the food my 2 Teckels are eating now . It's called Pulser. The new food after their other food is finished is going to be Harraw dyhydrated raw meat. I was given 3 sample bags to try and my dogs love it. It's quite expensive, but they will eat less,and it will be better for them.As many dog foods these days are filled with fillers , such as corn and wheat,which is crap to give to dogs,those are basically fillers,so if a dog food has corn as top ingredients that's basically crap. Here is website to the food I want to buy for my dogs next. www.harraw.ca Thank you for showing an interest .
I'm not sure why your link didn't work for me but I did check out the site through Google. Hope it works out for you and your dogs!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not feeding it but interested in this thread

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have never heard of it before. I am always interested in the new foods. Alot of the recent recalls have all been raw diets. A bit scary to be honest. Since alot of these Companies are all talking how raw is better, how kibble is bad, you wonder.

I do like the ingredients in that food very much! It's very close to the Honest Kitchen and they have more varities then this new one does. But interesting, and much better for dogs IMO with limited ingredients and not alot of synthetic vitamins and minerals tossed in. That is what I LOVE about ACANA.

I currently feed Acana and The Honest Kitchen. So far, so good and everyone here eats a very wet meal even their dry is mixed with water, and kelp.

shihtzumom

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello, I am new here today, I see this is an 'older' thread - however this thread is the reason I signed up. I've just started my 2 Shih-Tzus on HURRAW dog food, last night was the first taste & then their breakfast this morning. So far, everything is great - I'm not anticipating any problems as I was already feeding them a dehydrated raw food prior to this one. They were eating Grand Cru by Canisource, I first tried the beef flavor, that was with grains, but my female didn't seem to be reacting well to that, she has chronic ear problems and has had for years now - she'll be 9 on April 21st....the vet says it's yeast....but, I've pretty much given up on the vet to be honest...switching to all natural everything as much as possible. I worry that I have over vaccinated my dogs, and my female with the ear issues had some major dental surgery done and had half her teeth removed a number of years ago. I'm fairly certain that the surgery, antibiotics, and Lord knows what else she was given....has something to do with her ear issues. Since switching the food however, there has been a HUGE improvement, although - I decided to try the Grand Cru fish flavor which is grain free once the beef w/grains was finished. Well, idk what it was about that flavor but it had both of my dogs scratching, my male starting chewing at his feet, which is something he's never done before. So, off to the dog food store I went yesterday, spoke to the girl in there and she directed me to HURRAW. I purchased the 5kg box of the fish flavor, the kibble pieces are alot easier for my dogs to break up themselves compared to the GC and I LOVE the fact that HURRAW has a limited # of ingredients compared to GC. Also, the ingredients in HURRAW - at least in the fish flavor, (although I'm sure the other 2 flavors are great as well) - are fantastic!! Pumpkin, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, ginger - there are NO green peas which is something I worry my dogs may have an issue with, and of course, there are other ingredients as well - the ones I've listed are things I know are fabulous ingredients that my dogs will benefit greatly from. So, I am very excited about this new food and hope that it will be our forever food, the cost of a 5kg box was $70.99 plus tax - I live in Ontario. They each eat approx. 3/4 - 1 cup per day and I figure that feeding my dogs a good quality food will save me on vet bills in the long run. Both of my babies are at the senior stage now, my male just turned 7 and we are not very active, unfortunately - due to health issues of my own. So, hopefully this food will keep them happy and healthy for a long time to come still.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Funny, this thread much has changed for me. I am currently feeding my senior dogs The Honest Kitchen along with Hill's Bioactive recipe tailored for dogs 7+ years. They have removed the corn and other glutens that they have used and still use in other recipes. The change was more for older dogs requiring less protein for renal health and the fact that Hill's is owned by the Company that produces Zupreem for the birds. Between them being a leading the in Pet food industry with prescription foods, I decided this was the route I would go as my dogs are all 10 plus now. I do not feed grain free food here anymore, too much going around on the net regarding heart issues. Taurine is added to this food (health and eye health) and I also supplement my dogs with an ocular (eye) supplement as well as a mushroom/hemp supplement for immune health.

I have not seen this Hurraw food here in the States.

Birbs&Poodles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julia
I have bought my dogs Hurraw in the past. One liked it but the other found it too hard (she's a senior poodle). I think I ended up mixing it with water. Another raw product I really liked was Smack, they both really loved that one (Smack Pet Food - 5-STAR RATED - Whole Raw Foods | Kibble Convenience I have switched them over to a veterinary diet now on the advice of my vet, my dogs are both little seniors so they don't need so much protein as it can be hard for their kidneys.